Artist makes travel posters for National Parks based on their worst 1-star reviews

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/05/artist-makes-travel-posters-fo.html

9 Likes

Honestly, that review for Joshua Tree counts as a strong recommendation in my book.

19 Likes

1987: I am at The Grand Canyon, sitting on the edge just relaxing and looking at things.
Behind me and around me is a constant bustle of people on the “trail”.
They stop. “What should I take a picture of?” “Should I take a picture of that?”
Note this was pre-digital so they had to ration their pics somewhat in their instamatics.

I fed a cookie to a squirrel who passed by and he let me take his pic with my Polaroid while he snacked.
"OH! THIS GUY GOT THE BEST PICTURE!" said people.
“OK, I got that, now where do we go?”

14 Likes

At least the Cuyahoga Valley one is pretty accurate about the amount of mud. It is a valley in an area with similar rainfall and sunlight exposure to Seattle.

9 Likes

“Haleakala National Park”: This is a volcano. Where’s the red-hot lava?
“Volcanoes National Park”: Same as Haleakala.
It’s been centuries since Haleakala had active lava. Volcanoes, after destroying a couple of subdivisions on the Big Island, exhausted its immediate supply of lava; none has been visible since 2018.

2 Likes

Isle Royale: “No cell service & terrible wifi”

How is that a 1-star review???

10 Likes

Somewhere on TripAdvisor there is a 1 star review for Muir Woods because it’s too far from San Francisco for the reviewer’s convenience.

8 Likes

Some nice gems to choose from Acadia National Park (I can’t wait to see what she does).
“If you are giving Acadia 5 stars, you are not going to the right places.”
“The view from the fire tower is nice enough; I’m not sure why everyone is so blown away by the views.”

5 Likes

My only complaint is that they don’t have a small area on a boarder section that labels the park. As in the boingboing preview art.

Edit: I see those with the label are the post card sized items.

I can see more glaciers out of my bathroom window than in Glacier National Park. (hello Mt Hood)

2 Likes

Always grab happiness where and when you can. Junk-food happy squirrels, or not.

Here’s personal, true, and pleasant one from my childhood in Brooklyn. Enjoy.

3 Likes

I’m from Akron and I love the Cuyahoga Valley Park so much I’ve told my wife I want my ashes scattered there, but I will say this: there is a lot of mud.

1 Like

I am 100% waiting for the Acadia one. The end point of every exhausting trip up route 1 for half the Eastern seaboard. I honestly can’t blame people for being kind of cranky by the time they get there. PRO TIP, EVERYONE: Drive another half an hour and go to the Schoodic part of the park. Trust me.

2 Likes

Signed,
Someone who has never seen the Boston City Hall

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.