As Trump howls, Arizona certifies Biden win

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/30/as-trump-howls-arizona-certifies-biden-win.html

7 Likes

I’ve been visiting the “Conservative” subreddit over the last week or so to see what conservatives are thinking.

Many of them are operating in reality. They realize that, absent some spectacular evidence of fraud, the election is over and Biden won. Some of them are still holding out for that evidence, but are inclined to agree that Biden won the election. There are more of these people than I thought there would be, but “Conservative” isn’t as high on their own supply as other, more right-wing subreddits. There are many caveats like “of course there was fraud … but it wasn’t in sufficient amounts to sway the election.”

A strong plurality refuse to believe Biden won and are just waiting for Sidney Powell & Co. to release their “kraken” of smoking gun evidence. They honestly and truly believe there was a massive conspiracy to disenfranchise voters (in only a few key swing states, apparently?) and firmly believe Trump will take the oath for a second term on January 20.

14 Likes

Biden was also set to receive his first President’s Daily Brief, a classified compilation of information from intelligence agencies.

I wonder if — in that very first briefing — the subject of Trump and Russia will come up. Security, you know.

15 Likes

Reddit, eh? They may be operating in reality there, but there’s an entire world of deranged fools couched in many other areas of the web that are, I’m sure, defending the fake-azz billionaire as though their lives depended on it.

4 Likes

The briefs over the last four years have been tailored to the tastes of President Creamsicle, so it’ll likely be in the form of a comic strip that just repeats the words “Trump good, foreigns bad” over and over.

8 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering whether Biden will get the same brief as Trump, or one that hasn’t been designed for a 5th grade reading level and the attention span of a gnat.

14 Likes

I was wondering if Biden could even trust sec briefs that are given right now.

7 Likes

Apparently Governor Ducey was in the process of signing the certification papers when Trump called, and he let it go to voice mail. See below. (You’ll need to up your volume)

23 Likes

Much more likely to find evidence of Sidney Powell & Co. smoking crack.

15 Likes

Cue the Chappelle show meme:

You got any more of them international voting conspiracies?

3 Likes

Totally missed opportunity; how do you NOT set Darth Chee-To’s ringtone to the Imperial March?

2 Likes

Or, you know, just open the bottle:

8 Likes

12 Likes

Biden photo is surprisingly un-Beschizzaed.

Too ominous. I’m thinking something more like this:

3 Likes

Colour me cynical, but what’s the bet Ducey changed the incoming ring tone for one his staffers and planned the call? Deserting rats ‘n all.

1 Like

That is some damn tasty rum. too bad I can’t drink anymore.

I suddenly love America again.

sponsored by Morland Brewery’s “Old Crafty Hen”, 6.5% oak-aged vintage ale

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.