Trump rants and sues as Biden victory looms

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/04/trump-rants-and-sues-as-biden-victory-looms.html

12 Likes

er, 45?

4 Likes

5 Likes

It’ll be done when they drag him, kicking and screaming, from the Oval Office by his feet.

43 Likes

It would be a lot more encouraging if there hadn’t been such a huge turnout for Trump as well.

We were hoping this would be a wholesale repudiation of Trumpism. I’ll certainly take a narrow win over a loss (and I’m not yet taking that win as a given either), but I’m still not feeling great about the state of my country.

95 Likes

19 Likes

32 Likes

Not so sure about that. This smells like a „Dolchstoßlegende“ in the making.

9 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

16 Likes

He doesn’t realize that we’ve been practicing. :smiling_imp:

35 Likes

As of this instant, per google’s front page, 1130Z, four states left to call, here are the percentages of the uncounted votes that Biden currently needs to pull victory in each. He requires only one state to win, however, it actually seems only Nevada is in play and it’s basically even.
GA(16): 70%
NV(6): 49%
NC(15): 62%
PA(20): 68%

I hope I’m wrong, but there’s a state election commissioner on TV right now saying they won’t certify until November 15th. Not sure which state. Wild.

I hate this. :expressionless:

11 Likes

I hate it too, but given the preponderance generally of Dem votes among the yet to be counted, most of those numbers don’t seem at all insurmountable.

I will say Trump was right about it all boiling down to post-11/3 vote counting again. I’m losing faith though in his ability to steal the whole thing in court.

21 Likes

Who ya gonna call?

26 Likes

Ghost Dumpsters!

:grin:

29 Likes
31 Likes

The nice thing about courts is that you have to make some kind of legal argument in order to prevail and I don’t think he has one. Even a bad one.

31 Likes

I think Fox News and the AP probably called Arizona prematurely; I’m nervous about declaring it over when Biden’s up by less than 100,000 votes and there are still some 450,000 left to count.

He’s probably got Arizona, but I think the news outlets that held off on calling the race just yet probably made the right call.

15 Likes

Knock on wood. Let’s get it all in and then fend off the upcoming attacks.

5 Likes

Of course, come the glorious day, that dumpster will be on fire.

10 Likes

538’s saying the same. They’re hedging on AZ because the remaining ballots to be counted are late mail-ins that trended red, not blue. The early call is lending to an overconfidence.

6 Likes