Trump "frantic" as lawsuits fail and hopes for legislative coup dim

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/21/trump-frantic-as-lawsuits-fail-and-hopes-for-legislative-coup-dim.html

15 Likes

Nothing’s done until it’s done. Georgia is now done, other than if they want to ask for a machine recount. Monday, Michigan and Pennsylvania will be done. Once they are, I’ll breath a lot easier. Until then, I don’t trust the GOP members of those state legislatures one inch, despite their reassurances.

43 Likes

Rob, the blog view hasn’t updated since Thursday morning, is there anything the team can do? Thanks!

9 Likes

There’s a new site caching setup that’s likely the cause. cc @orenwolf

12 Likes

I bet he’s frantic because there’s the distinct possibility of an open window or a bonesaw in his immediate future. Still, loan sharks know it’s bad business to kill off your debtors unless there’s absolutely no more hope of collecting. Has it really reached that point already?

31 Likes

Are they tho?

I certainly hope so. I really, really hope against hope so.

39 Likes

See updates there.

4 Likes

At least Democrats are starting to see how ridiculous Biden’s outstretched hand looks, what with Mitch McConnell standing there spitting on it.

Ok - but that is the political norm we are hoping to get back to. Sure most of it is “for show gestures” and lip service, but 4 years of actively refuting political norms and actively separating out American people into “blue and red” states has been horrible for us as a nation.

I think attempting to keep up appearances is the right move.

23 Likes

I think about that too, but I would never wish torture, dismemberment and defenestration on any American taxpayer.

42 Likes

Especially on someone who owes so much. If they ever calculate the fines, it’ll help a lot of actual taxpayers in need.

17 Likes
  1. How high can we push up his blood pressure?

1. The scary thing is that now that this has been tried and the weaknesses in the system fully exposed - someone just as deplorable but smarter will try again.

Big fixes are needed.

57 Likes

As a SW dev, I read this as “Bug fixes are needed”. I agree with both statements.

52 Likes

49 Likes

The optimistic version is that this could work as an inoculation - you get a little bit ill at the start but then get a better immune system.

3 Likes

There are photos of those two Michigan legislators getting wined at dined at a Trump hotel.

The fact that they then told Trump to bend it – no evidence for anything that would change the result – is delicious.

Keep up the pressure on your members of congress. Especially Republican ones.

Hell, write the White House and tell them to start the transition process.

36 Likes

Whatever the grownups were saying, his goal was only ever to look like the winner in a 5-year old’s terms. And let’s not kid ourselves, it’s proven horrifyingly effective – we might still be overestimating America yet.

But he’s losing on his own terms now. If he does nothing, the inertia of the system will flush him out, but all he can do is beg like a little bitch, which isn’t a very leadery look.

18 Likes

I wouldn’t wish it on any American taxpayer, but if wish it on Trump.

6 Likes

not all at once - you gotta pace yourself. You need to savor ya know

11 Likes

If your massive debts were being called in, if numerous state attorneys general were on your trail, and if your usefulness to a certain shirtless autocrat was running out, you’d be frantic, too.

Drumpf’s coup effort seems doomed to failure, but he has the tacit approval of his party—only one Republican senator has denounced it—and the attempt alone is a disaster for American democracy.

Posted in the 2020 Election topic (h/t @audaxaxon)

At least Democrats are starting to see how ridiculous Biden’s outstretched hand looks, what with Mitch McConnell standing there spitting on it.

Some Democrats. The “comity” and “civility” “centrist” Dems still think they can work with the Party of Demonstrable Bad Faith.

40 Likes

42 Likes