Mike Pompeo: "There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/10/mike-pompeo-there-will-be-a-smooth-transition-to-a-second-trump-administration.html

13 Likes

Whatever, muthafucka.

73 Likes

WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE. If he was trying to be funny, he was not. If he was trying to be serious, he is a joke. I wouldn’t let this guy be Secretary of Picking Lice from trump’s hairpiece.

56 Likes

I know… I’m weirdly not worried about their B.S. at this point. This is too big for them to walk back. The election happened, he lost by wide margins, and we’re moving on to better things.

35 Likes

This is a coup attempt, plain and simple. So far, it’s a failed attempt, but even so it’s still a danger. I don’t know how to stop it, but it must be.

72 Likes

So, smooth coup?

19 Likes

Just remember, everybody: this is a death cult who is willing to throw themselves and their loved ones at the mercy of a pandemic to prove their loyalty to the cult leader. Compared to that, loyalty to a system of government is not difficult to toss aside.

We do ourselves a disservice to listen more to the weasel-words about how he believes in the “process” more than the clear signal he sends that the ONLY process these people are prepared to recognize as legitimate is one that keeps them in power. These are dangerous days ahead, and January 20th can’t get here soon enough.

72 Likes

It’s not so much that I am not worried as I am tired and annoyed with all the ceaseless bullshit.

No one actually wants to provoke all out anarchy, and so this is posturing…

58 Likes

Mike Pompeo: The rat too lazy to jump with the other rats.

48 Likes

Sane countries don’t react to coup attempts, even hopeless, incredibly dumb coup attempts, with a shrug and a giggle.

Of course, most coup attempts don’t have 70 million slavering loyal Q cultists behind them…

34 Likes

No, there will not.

11 Likes

I can guarantee you that when Biden takes the oath of office on January 20th, he will be in charge.

And the next day there will be a confirmation hearing in the Senate to consider his nomination of Pompeo as Secretary of State.

1 Like

Right?

The past few days of celebration felt glorious, and fun, but now, it all suddenly feels like it’s time to put away the party toys and decorations. Shit is getting dangerous.

31 Likes

Treason.

39 Likes

Treasonous fucks

26 Likes

DHSSSS

28 Likes

If Biden’s victory-speech message of unity and reconciliation wasn’t a joke then, it is now.

Fuck unity, fuck enlarging the tent, fuck their feelings. Our goal isn’t to get the deplorables to join us, it’s to move society forward despite them. Civil rights legislation happened in the 60’s despite the southern racists, not with them. Marriage equality happened despite Antonin Scalia, not with him. Slavery, women’s suffrage, etc etc.

64 Likes

and Pompeo, among the trumprats, has evinced the most interest in continuing a political career. So with this sort of statement he wins the most utterly short-sighted among so many steaming piles of corruption.

15 Likes

Exactly. That word needs more currency.

And, it’s high time for some seasonally appropriate body wear.

38 Likes
15 Likes