Biden elected president

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/06/biden-elected-president.html

21 Likes

So now let’s get popcorn and watch the loser manbaby throw a tantrum on twitter :slight_smile:

50 Likes

Looks like PA count is at 96% with Biden leading by less than 6,000 votes. He’d been slowly gaining overnight.

29 Likes

Two out of three flipped from 2016–Minnesota’s last vote for a republican was in 1972.

31 Likes

Somewhere in the offices of the SDNY the paperwork has already been drawn up, and “Unindicted co-conspirator #1” is about to have his status changed to INDICTED. LOCK HIM UP!!! The MAGA cultists are in for the shock of their lives in the very, VERY near future!!

66 Likes

(running for the liquor cabinet) Finally!

25 Likes

Start by clearing out every damned Trump appointee. Good, bad or indifferent, they all need to go. This abomination needs to be thrown into the fire root and branch.

75 Likes

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet, but I will confess to being cautiously optimistic.

I do worry for the future, though. In 2008 and 2012, it seemed like the Republican strategy was “We lost because we didn’t go far-right batshit enough, so let’s crank it to 11.”

And that seemed to fail. But suddenly Trump comes along and shows them that they cranked the wrong knob to 11. Instead of religion, they should have gone for racism. I’m not going to say that this was a deliberate strategy on his part. He seems to have stumbled onto it.

But he did show other, smarter, people who know how to play the political game exactly what to do.

Expect to see more of this in 2022. LOTS more.

72 Likes

Thank you, corrected.

13 Likes

They aren’t planning a recount, exactly, at this point, but rather a “risk-limiting audit” that “will take a statistically significant sample of ballots and examine them by hand to observe whether the declared winner indeed won”, which sounds like a terrible idea compared to an actual recount. They won’t certify the vote until the 13th.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/524724-georgia-to-conduct-risk-limiting-audit-before-certifying-election-winner

13 Likes

Hold on, I think I lost my place in the “Chernobyl” watch-along. Are we at that part of episode 2 where they’ve finally figured out how to stop the reactor from spewing tons on radioactive smoke on a daily basis, and now have to scramble to prevent a second, worse explosion?

30 Likes

That’s the state process. The campaigns could still request a FULL recount if the final margin is within 0.5% (which it will be).

15 Likes

I can’t wait to see Trump’s sad little orange face!!! :tangerine::poop::clown_face:

18 Likes

“If he is declared the winner early today, the Biden team plans to move quickly to announce more substantial pieces of his transition. There are no plans to wait for any of the legal challenges, a person familiar with the plan said. Biden intends to immediately shift into the mode of president-elect to avoid ceding any momentum, they added.”

Hit the ground running Joe!

74 Likes

It ain’t over yet… I’m already imagining the horrible things Trump is going to do from now till inauguration, like someone who trashes a repoed car before it gets towed away.

43 Likes

He won’t concede for starts.

36 Likes

I’ll believe it after the electoral college vote. Remember all the shenanigans that happened in 1876,

18 Likes

I have to disagree. It’s just not that simple. My very conservative Catholic family cannot stand Trump, but held their noses and voted for him. Race has nothing to do with it. Abortion has everything to do with it. My grandmother dedicated her life to fighting racism, but did not vote for Joe Biden. Sure, this is my n =1 study, but off the top of my head, I can think of at least 20 people in my parent/grandparent circle who are definitely not racist, but strongly pro-life. All voted for Trump while wishing for someone else.

8 Likes

Well, I remember reading about those… doubt anyone here was around then.

8 Likes

Edit, I was moving fast… Please see @Logolepsy’s better link to this, below…->

14 Likes