2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from 2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1).

Previous discussions:

4 Likes

Nice vid of Rick Grennell running like Sir Robin from simple questions.

19 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 1.12.12 PM

30 Likes
22 Likes
26 Likes

Every damn time!

17 Likes

Goddamn GA is so close and I can’t even handle all this suspense right now. My resting pulse rate has been averaging 80 for the past several hours it seems like. These past 3 days have been like a never ending nightmare of terror and suspense. I hate this shit and want it to be over already (with Trump losing, of course).

16 Likes

I think Oregon decriminalized drugs specifically for the ballot counting period.

19 Likes
10 Likes

And it is clearly headed for a recount. This isn’t going to end any time soon.

3 Likes

I’m less concerned about a recount. They are expensive (and Trump is literally begging his supporters for money) and unlikely to change the outcome. And, if Biden takes AZ/NV which is looking likely right now, it’s pretty much moot what happens in GA and PA anyway.

It’s still nerve wracking as all fuck.

ETA: Trump is spreading his resources very thin right now, from numerous lawsuits in the works to threatening recounts. Lawyers cost a lot of money, and while it may send some of his supporters into a donation fervor, I can’t imagine any of his ultra-wealthy supporters wanting to sink money into something they likely know deep down is a losing proposition.

18 Likes

Looks like both of Georgia’s Senate seats are heading to runoff elections, so we won’t actually know which party will control the Senate until January.

Good news that the Dems get one more chance, but I don’t know how many more months of elections this country can survive.

16 Likes

tumblr_fbad13d38ac23eaf928ce09aef2e1fcd_5185390e_540

(source)

27 Likes

I don’t think Georgia requires the parties to pay for a recount but it can only be requested if it is less than 0.5%.

2 Likes

I thought I was going to drink my bottle of celebratory prosecco on Tuesday night. Instead, it’s just sitting there and I’ve literally had a bottle of other wine every night. Goodness gracious! My liver is asking me who won; please somebody Biden win already so it can rest.

8 Likes

i’ve got a bottle of perrier-jouet belle epoque grand brut 2008 sitting in my fridge awaiting a biden victory.

10 Likes

So if Trump kills Pence and then himself, do we hold a new election while President Pelosi is in control?

7 Likes

Why haven’t you assholes been doing this for the past 4 years?

23 Likes
12 Likes

This is an amazing photo.

20 Likes