Last states called: Biden wins Georgia, Trump limps to finish in N.C

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/13/last-states-called-biden-wins-georgia-trump-limps-to-finish-in-n-c.html

16 Likes

Thank fuck. The more states on Biden’s side the less chance for Trump to try some crazy half-cocked variety of scams to claw back the presidency.

32 Likes

Yeah but if they find the completely unprecedented number of fraudulent votes it would take to flip the outcome in Georgia during a recount then all it would take for Trump to win would be for the Supreme Court to decide that Arizona and Pennsylvania do not exist.

18 Likes
45 Likes

Even easier, the Supreme Cort™* will just have to miraculously find the REAL constitution Thomas Jefferson hid behind a painting of Andrew Jackson.

*Supreme Cort™ is a wholly owned subsidiary of Four Seasons Total Landscaping.

29 Likes

Good. Let’s get the states’ certified results locked in, and then Dec 18th when the EC meets we can stop worrying about a coup via electors.

Jesus Christ!

13 Likes

23 Likes

(*makes mental leap to Bud Cort, male lead of Harold & Maude, playing a death-obsessed weirdo.)

8 Likes

Good. the hefty margin in the electoral college should ensure that no Biden elector is tempted to see what happens when there’s a tie. Yes, these people are loyal stalwarts of their respective parties, but in the 2016 election, there were faithless electors (some were pledged to Trump, and some were pledged for Clinton).

6 Likes

As if Donald Trump has ever let objective reality ever stop him from spouting nonsense.

The one thing that does seem to be hampering his efforts is the law firms getting cold feet about the lawsuits after getting slapped down by the judges so hard. It’s getting so bad that not even Rudy is willing to take the case. That definitely won’t stop his all caps twitter barrages unfortunately.

13 Likes

@Mindysan33

Thank you, to you, and to other progressive Georgians like you, for helping your state to reach this point. A change like this makes me proud to be a US immigrant.

Because it provides hope. Hope that individuals can still effect positive change.

43 Likes

Great news, but I have to ask:

Is this before or after the hand recount?

10 Likes

Before. I think that means that some believe the gap is wide enough between the 2 that even if a few hundred or even a thousand ballots are thrown out or whatever, Biden’s lead is too big to make a difference. It’s over 14000 at this point, so… I doubt that more than that are going to be found faulty.

25 Likes

Trumps lawyers say they went to the Supreme Court but couldn’t find any judges but did yelp that the lunch special is A1.

SupremeFoodCourt

24 Likes

We’re proud you’ve decided to make America home!

22 Likes

Some of the best double speak ever, along with some self congrats and illogical twisted thinking

21 Likes

“Stop the count!” - Trump to Pennsylvania
“Count all the votes!”- Trump to Nevada
“Rigged election!” - Trump to Georgia
“Honest election!” -Trump to North Carolina

Shitbird can’t make up his mind.

32 Likes

The word I’ve been hearing is that no recount has ever shifted the numbers more than a tenth of a percent. The lead in Georgia is three tenths of a percent. On the numbers, it’s a safe call.

The rest of the world is downright puzzled that overall this election is close at all, of course. But the state is a safe call.

12 Likes

Do you have links for that? I like Schadenfreude with my morning coffee.

1 Like

So, we can expect that concession speech any day now, right?

Hahaha, just kidding, they’ll have to flush him out of the White House with a line of beaters banging on trashcan lids.

14 Likes