Biden elected president

(getting OUT of the liquor cabinet) Finally! :crazy_face:

24 Likes

Don’t forget the Executive Orders. Destroy all EOs.

17 Likes

Pack your shit, Donny, you’re done!

25 Likes

I expect the regime to fight tooth-and-nail throughout the following months (and years) to support their narrative that this election was stolen. We must be aware that more than a quarter of the electorate will believe this BS, and that perhaps another 20% will enable their belief.

46 Likes

I wanna see his fat orange ass being kicked to the curb.

6 Likes

Currently at least twice as much as Florida in 2000, and that recount was stopped.

16 Likes

On the other hand, the Republicans kept the Senate, albeit only by a thread. So essentially Mitch McConnell won everything he wanted - he gets to carry on appointing crazy judges, can continue to block legislation and “Huntergate” will no doubt dominate all their hearings for the foreseeable. Oh, and they’ve got the Census to fix too.

(Don’t get me wrong - I don’t think this will actually last, and it’s entirely possible that the grift of the last four years is going to catch up with quite a few of them very suddenly. But in the short term, it may very well get worse before it gets better.)

14 Likes

I suspect any broad brush analysis will be wrong, but I have little patience for those who vote Trump because “pro-life” considering what he has done to the already-born. “We value life from conception to birth. After that, we value wealth above all” seems to be the republican thing. I am not Catholic and have to think it would be a very conflicted choice, but I would be quick to point out that the president who brought down the abortion rate the most was Obama through the ACA.

44 Likes

I was there. It was a nightmare that still wakes me up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat, screaming.

6 Likes

Time once more for my new favorite gif!

31 Likes

/s in case you were wondering.

28 Likes

I save all my drunken binges for victories. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would be quick to point out that the president who brought down the abortion rate the most was Obama through the ACA.

Competent, accomplished and effective means nothing to racists.

23 Likes

This is the real lesson. This SHOULD have been a blowout. It was not. And we can wring our hands about polling methods all we want. The facts tell us:

Fully 1/2 of the country are NOT ‘good people’. They are tribalist, racist and openly violent at worst, or uncaring and happy to let violent racists do their dirty work for them at best.

We passed civil rights laws in the 60’s and thought we’d fixed the problem. Clearly, we didn’t. Republicans accuse ‘the left’ of wanting to fundamentally change American. They are right. As the last four years have made obvious, this nation’s character has not really changed since the 1860’s. We prettied up since then, washed up, changed clothes, got a haircut, and mostly stopped swearing in public. But it just took one fat grifter with a lot of tv cameras to get us to remember how much fun it used to be ye-ha’ing and spittin’ tobacky and kickin’ the shit outta some darkies, (or queers, or whatever weirdos are lyin’ around)

We need to make these people PARIAHS. Refuse service to anyone in a MAGA hat. Kick people out of stores for saying “Y’all” (“I’ve had too much trouble with those redneck thugs. If they can speak PROPER english, they wouldn’t have a problem!”) [Mod: Uh, this Austinite in the bluest county in Texas says hey, y’all!] Dress codes barring New Balance shoes and Izod or Ralph Lauren shirts. Anyone with a class ring is denied club membership.

This country is riddled with cancer. We either get aggressive with treatment or watch it die.

25 Likes

That is not a given. The guy in Alaska seems to think he can pull it out (although he has a lot of catch up to do) and the run-offs in GA are not lost yet.

21 Likes
28 Likes

Well done Americans! My sigh of relief may be mistaken for a storm hitting your northeast coast.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And now the work of fixing your society, the thought of four more years of hatred and spite and racism and misogyny being inflicted on you would be unbearable. I’ve seen at close hand the toll it took on my American friends here and can only imagine if you had to live through it up close.

28 Likes

He can announce an interstate Covid task force, for one, that is run by the states, but organized by his team and coordinates with the CDC and NIAID. The states could force Trump’s hand to relinquish control on this one issue. It would be risky, but if it’s driven by the states, it could work.

25 Likes

Yes it is. Your family is part of the “not racist, but OK with racism if they get what they want” demographic. You know what you call the people that joined the nazi party but didn’t actually like Hitler? Nazis.

49 Likes

I can’t remember the last time such good news was accompanied by such anxiety about what the immediate future holds.

But goddamn this is good news.

13 Likes