Biden elected president

Stopped by a Supreme Court that wasn’t 33% judges appointed by the plaintiff.

4 Likes

It’s 9:41 am EST, isn’t it still a little early to call it? I refuse to allow myself to become optimistic.

13 Likes

Thank you @Wally, just in case here’s a direct link to that tweet: https://twitter.com/Rob_Flaherty/status/1324716319007219713

14 Likes

Tantrum.gif

5 Likes

Just ignore the screaming man-baby kicking his heels on the floor, and keep moving.

As a non-American, I’ve been impressed, so far anyway, with how the many of the threats to the system have more or less fizzled; the established process seems to be a juggernaut, crushing feeble attempts to derail it.

21 Likes

Some of the next key dates (there are probably others, like deadline to request a recount):

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11641

• November 4-December 14, 2020: Counting Popular Votes and Filing Certificates of Ascertainment
  • December 8, 2020: The “Safe Harbor” Deadline
  • December 14, 2020: Electors Vote in Their States
  • December 23, 2020: Certificates Must Be Delivered to the Designated Officials
  • January 6, 2021: Joint Session of Congress to Count Electoral Votes and Declare Election Results Meets
16 Likes

PA is looking much like here in GA!

Yet your conservative family members, as well as some of mine, were okay voting for the out and out racist, presumably twice. :woman_shrugging: I’m sure they don’t consider themselves to be racist (as mine don’t), but they don’t mind voting for white supremacy.

They should have voted fro someone else, or not voted at all. There were other options.

I agree. I’m sick of the whole concept of pro-life hinging on abortion, instead of the many other issues about the sanctity of life that should be addressed. They really only care about controlling women, is the long and short of it. If they really cared about ending abortion, they would be focusing on making sure women (ALL of us) have ready access to robust reproductive care and that all children get a solid education on sex and sexuality. Free IUDs for all women of reproductive years if they want them would go a long way to ensuring that abortions are incredibly rare.

52 Likes

Thanks @llamaspit. Here’s the link to the original, so Rapaport get the views/likes: https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1324144728472842242

22 Likes

He is indeed fired.

Get the fuck out of the people’s house you walking yam!

31 Likes

Sometimes I wonder about the ol’ Boing.

If indeed Biden wins the election, he will be president elect. He would not be president until January when he is officially installed in the office.

As it is, the results haven’t been counted let alone verified.

I’m hoping for Joe too, but he still won’t be president until January.

8 Likes

Hurray! Now I can go back to feeling anxious about COVID instead of the election!

17 Likes

You can keep that wet blanket in your home.

I’m fucking celebrating!

22 Likes

Message to Biden and Harris:

We put you there because the alternative was horrible. Now it’s up to you.

Don’t mess this up. As Lee said, “Do the Right Thing”…

19 Likes

Most states learned a hard lesson in 2000, and have passed multiple laws to prevent any situation that could result in another president being installed rather than duly elected. Seems to be working.

13 Likes

One of the horsemen is still in play, and bound to roll snake eyes sooner or later, which could hit either side.

15 Likes

That fig leaf excuse for voting for Trump is particularly translucent given that they already got their Amy COVID Barrett appointment. There is nothing more he could contribute to their cause in a second term.

14 Likes

All hail Stacey Abrams!

58 Likes

If anti- abortionists were actually serious about reducing abortion numbers as the goal, they’d be all in on proper sex education, contraception and so forth. Those are also proven to reduce abortion rates. As it is, they usually seem opposed to those as well. So it really seems to be more about controlling women.

39 Likes

They need to put her in charge of the DNC. 50 state strategy godammit!

26 Likes

39 Likes