Biden elected president

Kick people out of stores for saying “Y’all”

Fight me.

But seriously.

The other thing that we on the left need to do is NOT STOP. Once the election (or whatever) is over, there is a tendency to say “Well, that’s settled! Let’s move on to something else!”

The problem is that the right will not stop. They’ll start pushing back, and suddenly there are all these surprised Pikachu faces on the left. “What happened?”

16 Likes

Yes, see below.

I have almost run out of patience trying to convince family and others of this. Trump has been akin to “evil” from The Fifth Element.
However, arguments come back that all Presidents are anti-life through our foreign policy (Iraq, Iran, Yemen, sanctions, etc) and at least Drumpf is stopping millions of abortions.

We agree 100%

That generalization holds in your bubble, maybe. It doesn’t work in mine. I think as long as people prefer to label others instead of seek common ground, we’re screwed.

Trump is on his way out. Let’s celebrate.

2 Likes

How many zygotes was George Floyd’s life worth?

24 Likes

Well, apparently not quite yet. Isn’t it a little irresponsible to publish this now?

1 Like

"A republican lawyer in Pennsylvania, who is not part of the Trump legal team but is familiar with election challenges, says legal challenges in the commonwealth get Trump nowhere.

“These challenges are not going to impact the outcome because none of them are going after the actual vote casts, they are all process challenges,” the source said.

And even a Hail Mary scenario – where a Republican-led legislature would say there is too much chaos and decide the elector – now has been publicly dismissed by top leaders in Pennsylvania.

“The Pennsylvania General Assembly does not have, and will not have, a hand in choosing the state’s presidential electors or in deciding the outcome of the presidential election,” Pennsylvania State Senator Jake Corman, a Republican, said in an op-ed.

“To insinuate otherwise is to inappropriately set fear into the Pennsylvania electorate with an imaginary scenario not provided for anywhere in law — or in fact,” he continued.

The lawyer notes that Republicans in the Georgia and Florida legislature would push back hard on such a radical scenario trying to override a popular vote. That would be a potential way for them to lose their majorities down the road. And a lawyer for the Wisconsin legislature already told the Supreme Court how effective the electoral administration was.

“It’s not going to happen,” the lawyer said about future challenges. “The next 48 hours will bring that clarity.” -CNN

Fuck yeah.

30 Likes

How so? Because it’ll discourage someone from voting? :astonished:

17 Likes

To the contrary, it’s irresponsible of the mainstream press to keep pretending Nevada and Pennsylvania are still uncertain. They aren’t. It is known.

12 Likes

I remember CNN pundits talking earnestly about how 2008 was the death of the Republican party. And those guys still get paid to talk on TV. They’ll probably say the Republican party is dead in Georgia if Biden only manages to win by 1000 votes.

7 Likes

Thank you. That is indeed reassuring!

17 Likes

Decision Desk HQ has called it for Biden. It’s done. The only issue at this point might be faithless electors, but expect the padding of electoral votes to grow beyond the 273 Biden reliably has right now.

5 Likes

Now we just need to help her make sure those two Senate seats go blue in Georgia’s runoff election this January.

26 Likes
1 Like

I don’t think this is quite right. Might be the favorite to win, but I think both GA senate races are headed to runoff, which could get it to 50/50, which puts it barely under Dem control, if not a good look to have Kamala constantly there breaking ties.

19 Likes

Let’s not count chickens before they hatch, but it is looking good. Knock on wood.

4 Likes

I know where my donations are going.

18 Likes

It was a joke about how fickle and easily set-off pundits and race-watchers were on the night.

11 Likes

I guarantee that once Trump is out of the White House, they’re going to find several things of historical significance (probably related to Andrew Jackson) will have gone missing, possibly along with some silverware, and (probably) that Donald carved his initials into some obscure part the Resolute Desk. I wonder if they can get the cup rings out of it because President*** Trump wouldn’t use a coaster?

6 Likes

No matter what the outcome at this point Trump has already gone back to his previous job…as an entertainer.

1 Like

As of right now, results aren’t being reported anywhere. STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS. I need to see this on CNN etc. to believe it.

I agree with other commenters… this feels a little irresponsible to definitively report results right now.

5 Likes

Winner winner chicken dinner!

12 Likes