Audiophile Micro SD Card

Now you’re just teasing me with crossover ideas.

1 Like

If a $150 SD card could make oak look like that I’d buy a crate.

Consider yourself informed what sort of person Sony thinks you are, if you are thinking of buying that Walkman.

The most discerning sort of person?

2 Likes

Uuuughhh.

I seem to remember getting about 10 pages into one, and there were guys travelling around Ix in tubes. Like in Futurama. Put it down, never looked at another one.

Come to think of it, the last book I read was “The Road”, so you’ve got your target market niche pretty well nailed!

1 Like

A few weeks back I was in Lititz, PA, which is basically the home of rock touring. One of the companies I was visiting is called Clair Brothers, and they make speakers, big ones, I guarantee that you have heard them at rock concerts. Well, they used to get amp guys coming in all the time telling them their amp was the best and they should buy a hundred of them.

They would immediately take that amp behind a black shield and plug it in next to four other amps all hooked up to a switcher with the exact same speakers for all of them. They’d hand the switcher to the salesman and make him tell them which amp was his just by listening to it.

They said they don’t get those kinds of salesmen anymore.

9 Likes

Two words: Artisanal Electricity

10 Likes

Random thought.

What about a bookcase with internal compartments that look like stacks of such representative books but hide the more enjoyable ones (and/or booze) instead?

But pink noise does sound different than white noise. Its energy distribution in the frequency domain is governed by a different law from white noise, with white noise having equal power at all frequencies, and pink noise having power = 1 / fa relationship (where 0 < a < 1, and f=frequency).

That’s why white noise sounds hissy, while pink noise sounds shushy, there’s more energy in the low end of the spectrum than the high end for pink noise.

That’s not snake oil, that’s math.

2 Likes

That last one is only produced in very limited batch runs, with only the finest charged water clouds. Captured right at the source.

6 Likes

Read something about snake oil.
The original snake oil was rendered fat from a water snake that Chinese workmen brought into USA. It does bring in joint pain relieve. It was so effective that shady dealers soon started to sell quack remedies under the name “snake oil”. So the original snake oil did have active ingredient.

3 Likes

They aren’t saying, so that you can decide for yourself, and feel great about paying for the opportunity.

All guitar cables are shielded and 99.9% are have the shield connected at both ends. Those directional cables are available (mostly DIY). Its called “floating the shield” or “floated ground”. There are other snake oil cables that claim to have “molecular alignment” or some such bs that are just regular cables.

http://www.rane.com/note110.html

4 Likes

Since 1861 we here at Stoney farms have harvested and hand selected only the most harmonic electrons, you can hear the difference even if your friends and cold hearted scientific instruments can’t.

5 Likes

Woosh!
What kind of noise was that? :smile:

1 Like

Well, it’s quantum, innit?

2 Likes

Having flashbacks now to when when I was in the belly of the beast, coding on Faraday-caged machines within a Faraday-caged office.
Someone tell Shadduck to stop triggering me.

3 Likes

fighter jets also use micro-tubes…i’ve often contemplated making a micro tube amp…

1 Like

Not sure about whole book cases, but I’d be surprised if you couldn’t find book shaped storage on Etsy. Or possibly IKEA.

#Ei ole olemassakaan!

Hydro-powered, off-the-grid, public radio

Pre-hipster.

2 Likes