Author of Missouri's anti-LGBT school bill isn't sure what her bill means

I always forget which part of the Bill of Rights protects their “freedom” to harm others and perpetuate misery. Is that the 3rd? No, that’s about quartering horses. Or soldiers. Or something.

9 Likes

… once they’ve rewound birth control and LGBTQ rights back to 1895 suddenly interracial marriage will become “controversial” again as well :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

“Once?” How about now?

5 Likes

I wish I could believe that the ship of this being a restriction that would keep such laws from being passed had not yet sailed. It never really stopped them, exactly, but at least such laws would eventually be scooped from the pool of our society as it floated towards the top legal structures as such things do.

5 Likes

“Might cause my children to realize i am a total asshole.” More accurate rendition.

9 Likes

Oh absolutely! I’m just pointing out that there is a difference between people having bigoted views, and enacting bigotry on others (especially through the state). Sort of like Stokely Carmichael’s quote:

9 Likes

I am so confused now :crazy_face:

3 Likes

… they’re not saying it out loud yet

they will, if they run out of other targets

4 Likes

In the linked bill that passed the TN House, they are saying it out loud.

“…allows county clerks to refuse to marry…interracial couples…”

7 Likes

… that’s quoting Daily Kos, not the bill

come on, this is a derail

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.