Republican Representative called trans people "abominations" on the House floor

Originally published at: Republican Representative called trans people "abominations" on the House floor | Boing Boing

7 Likes

God also commanded that his followers are not to mix fabrics too but that asshole is clearly wearing many fabics like a cotton polyester blend or wool + linen that day.

19 Likes

The bill has unfortunately been passed into law, even after being vetoed by Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson.

It’s very discouraging, seeing the Xtianists and fascists so emboldened that Ameristan/Gilead is forming before our eyes in certain states. I’m afraid we’re reaching the point where we not only have to look at denying these states business but also have to consider serious efforts to get the targetted populations out before the persecution and violence increases.

15 Likes

Christ, what an abomination.

14 Likes

Inbreeding and psychopathic dogma make a terrible cocktail.

5 Likes

Make it stop. Please.

head table GIF

10 Likes

II’ll bet I could grow something in the garden that would wind up being a better Representative than her.

6 Likes

No, no. Bible verses are only to be used against those people.

12 Likes

It’s sadly predictable, seeing Republicans now fighting for the right to pursue frivolous lawsuits. They’ll hold the line opposing lawsuits by people who have actually suffered harm, though, no doubt.

6 Likes

Please alert Batman not to go down on her.

5 Likes

I’ll bet I could put something on the plants in your garden to make them grow that would wind up being a better Representative than her.

13 Likes

That is what is happening in Britain, where we seem to be ahead of the US regarding trans hatred. We have a community of people who call trans allies handmaids and refuse to listen to Margaret Atwood when she says that TERism is the road to Gilead and that the reason that there are no trans people in the Handmaid’s Tale is because trans people are executed for being gender traitors.

Trans allies are not handmaids, but the TERs are aunts, telling other women how to live their lives and attacking those who dare to ignore their dictatorial views.

Edit: My dyslexia seems to be bad today.

13 Likes

How did no one shout from the back:

“YOU’RE WEARING MEN’S PANTS AND JACKET, YOU ABOMINATION!”

11 Likes

It looks like a dick, but it comes from a flower which is considered to be feminine.

:scream:

4 Likes

That is partly a translation issue. In Genesis god creates Adam, referred to by a gender-neutral pronoun, and then after Eve is created Adam becomes engendered. If you insist on basing your opinions of the modern world on millenia old texts, I’d suggest the lesson is that one’s humanity comes first and is what matters

8 Likes

Shit, don’t go down that road. Those dirty dirty flowers are both male and female!!

3 Likes

It’s an ovary that looks like a dong?

:scream: :exploding_head:

Just wait until they find out that chillies can self fertilise.

4 Likes

\begin{sarcasm}
Don’t you mean “not to go down on him”? After all, Mr. Bentley is wearing men’s clothing so he’s obviously either a man or an abomination.

If Mr. Bentley tries to enter the women’s restroom someone should stop him and do a “plumbing check” to make sure he’s going into the correct facilities.

And if Mr. Bentley is in fact a woman wearing men’s clothes, doesn’t the Bible offer some suggestions for what to do about abominations? Let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and start with throwing pebbles to hope they change their ways.
\end{sarcasm}

2 Likes

I was going to make a joke about arkansas and inbreeding and marrying one’s cousin (or sister), but my back’s been hurting and I don’t want to stoop that low. (plus, I’d have to get a shove in order to stoop that low…)

Rep Bentley, while wearing a blazer and pants, unironically quoted the Deuteronomy 22:5, saying, “A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor man put on a woman’s garments. For all who do so are an abomination.” This same chapter of the Bible also condemns the wearing of mixed fabrics and the lack of a parapet on their home’s roof. Bentley also quoted Genesis 1:27, which pertains to God’s creation of Adam and Eve – “as male and female, He created them,” she said.

I bet she’s never eaten an apple, either. But seeing as it is in fact called the fruit of the tree of knowledge, it is fucking obvious she hasn’t.

3 Likes