Lawmakers in 2021 have already proposed anti-LGBTQ bills in 14 states

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/27/lawmakers-in-2021-have-already-proposed-anti-lgbtq-bills-in-14-states.html

3 Likes

Virginia? I could see repubs sponsoring such crap, but with dems controlling both houses and the gov, they will go nowhere. Red states with unified government, though. Shit.

16 Likes

Screaming Internally Star Trek GIF

20 Likes

16 Likes

Fu#k those kkkrepublicans!

13 Likes

They’re desperately endlessly trying to claw their areas of the us into places formalizing bigotry, everything they propose as laws is intended to restrict and demean the rights of others.

Republicans need to stop trying to legislate biology they don’t understand. It’s neither moral or humane.

Everything they want is a backwards, restrictive world based on what they fear and don’t understand, based on warped, punitive, and repressive mindsets.

I’m sick of fighting them. I wish they’d move to Iran already. If they want a backwards moral theocracy based on a book, I hear they do that there.

12 Likes

But other than the part where Republicans are constantly trying to criminalize people for having the gall to exist the two parties are basically the same, right?

13 Likes

Still in the stone age?

1 Like

Oh, we do it here too. The states listed, with the exception of VA and NH and maybe one or two others, would be such places.

3 Likes

Fuller knows Jack-shit about what’s “natural”.

9 Likes

Perhaps denying them Fed funds might give them second thoughts.

4 Likes

Considering that Iran is one of their arguments against transgender (even though most trans people do not see forced GRS as a positive), I can’t see that working.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Lawmakers in at least 14 states are currently doing the bidding of religious right leaders, who hate democracy and want legal exemptions that would permit them to discriminate – just like the old days.

5 Likes

Let’s hope these bills, and the politicians who promote them, wind up in the dumpster very soon.

10 Likes

… actually surprised to not see Arizona on that list, all things considered.

1 Like

While Biden won the state, this is also the same state where the GOP censored their own party members for telling the truth.

4 Likes

Homosexuality isn’t the same thing as being transgendered though…

2 Likes

Indeed not.

Best be nice to both groups, right? Especially the folk that overlap.

5 Likes

My comment had to do with what the “unenlightened” define as natural and unnatural. I sincerely hope that explanation works for you. :neutral_face:

1 Like