Baby deer befriends toddler, follows her everywhere

All that fawning must be exhausting.

5 Likes

Venison for dinner, yay!

1 Like

I lived at the edge of town for almost my entire childhood, and the best encounter I ever experienced was a Mallard and a bunch of her baby ducklings. How does this stuff happen?

5 Likes

The anticipatory stance of that toddler is wonderful.

1 Like

So they walked on together through the wood, Alice with her arms clasped lovingly round the soft neck of the Fawn, till they came out into another open field, and here the Fawn gave a sudden bound into the air, and shook itself free from Alice’s arms. “I’m a Fawn!” it cried out in a voice of delight. “And dear me, you’re a human child!” A sudden look of alarm came into its beautiful brown eyes, and in another moment it had darted away at full speed.”

4 Likes

Nara deer are assholes

6 Likes

thats a myth. seriously.

4 Likes

After having seen some videos of those herds of deer chasing terrified people, I have to wonder if the authorities do a check to see whether the same number of people leave Nara as enter it.

I guess only the town caretakers know for sure.

“Damn, there’s another bundles of bone shards.”

1 Like

Beloved Boingboing community, please enjoy 39 seconds of baby bunny delight that I filmed in my yard a couple days ago! Please embiggen for max enjoyment - there’s six lil’ bunnies in there.

ETA: @xeni here’s a bit of in-kind payment for all the cute animal posts lately

9 Likes

I’ll just leave this deer.

3 Likes

Is there no sound in this video? I’m getting sound in other youtube videos but not this one.

Oh good lord. The toddler alone is sweet enough but with that so-fresh-it’s-wobbly fawn added? I am overwhelmed by adorableness :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Meh… the planet only has another 10 or 20 comfortable years left, might as well pet the damn deer.

2 Likes

as a kid in the country, come spring you had to be really careful if you came across any ducklings. if mum was scared away a bit, the ducklings had a habit of following you in a little single file line. you could not shake them. then you had to look after six ducks for the next three months. over the years, some of them would occasional drop in to say hi and hang around for a few days.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.