Baby Yoda's just fiddling with the radio (meme alert)

I love his foreign policy…

mandolorian-baby-yoda-none-my-biz

Also… do we know that Baby Yoda is a boy? I haven’t seen the show, only the clips and memes, so… I don’t know what gender they’ve used to describe the one baby to rule them all…

[ETA] Also, Baby Yoda could also be non-binary…

11 Likes

We don’t, actually; but you know how people usually do…

10 Likes

Yep… dangly bits are the default… :roll_eyes: I think I’ll just call Baby Yoda they until we have some confirmation on their gender…

9 Likes

Works for me.

7 Likes

I’m not sure we know Yoda was.

10 Likes

That’s true… although everyone has assumed Yoda was a male and that the other of his species, Yaddle, was a lady-type… but we don’t know jack and shit about their gender constructs! Maybe they’re all gender neutral?

[ETA] Doesn’t Yaddle show up in some of the non-canon stuff? In the comics, perhaps? Maybe that settles the gender question?

6 Likes

And the script doesn’t help us out, since it refers even to droids as “he/him.”

8 Likes

See, just more assumptions that dangly bits are default…

big-love-nikki-glare

9 Likes

Sure, but @Brainspore did nail the R2D2 description recently;

“If it uses male pronouns and it goes around sticking its data port into any available socket then it counts as a dude.”

13 Likes

I’ll accept that, yes.

7 Likes
9 Likes

Yes we do!

YODA: Yoda! You seek Yoda!
LUKE: You know him?
YODA: Take you to him, I will!

3 Likes

Not sorry at all:

10 Likes

One degree of Kevin Bacon?

5 Likes

3 Likes

BFD. The original trilogy also refers to every single droid as “him.” As has been pointed out here by @Brainspore, the only droid with positive anatomical proof of maleness is R2D2.

4 Likes

Ships are ‘her’, for some reason; meanwhile everything else is automatically ‘him’ by traditional societal constructs… and all of this is not germane to the the actual topic at hand.

9 Likes

At least in the case of the Millenium Falcon they retconned in a decent explanation for the pronoun (in that the ship has incorporated the consciousness of L3-37, a droid that self-identified as female).

6 Likes

8 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 12 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes