Perhaps folks are getting a bit over invested in Baby Yoda

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/05/perhaps-folks-are-getting-a-bi.html

3 Likes

I was one of those who thought that Baby Yoda was ridiculously adorable the first time I saw him.

After the last couple of weeks of assaultive memetic overexposure I now want him to die in a sarlaac pit.

9 Likes

Bonus: he’ll be able to enjoy almost all the thousand years of being digested.

Mandalorians were cool when they were villains: I especially liked the way the Clone Wars cast them as nasty ex-Confederate thugs. I hate the whole tough, vicious bully = hero shit that always happens in American media.

10 Likes

Anyone want to clarify for me what the current definition of a “mass murderer” is, because, based on what we’ve seen on screen, I’m not sure the Mando qualifies (yet)? Now, Peloton users i would worry about…

Okay but the song parody is actually really well done and funny.

6 Likes

He didn’t kill all those Jawas in self-defense.

18 Likes

So they weren’t stealing/looting his property?

1 Like

If you spot some punks dismantling your car that doesn’t give you legal license to start taking them out with your sniper rifle.

24 Likes

Well, ‘mass murderer’ rather implies killing many people all at once; whereas say, a serial killer murders many people, but at different times/locations.

Mando is, by definition, a contract killer; although murdering people isn’t always a ‘necessary’ part of the job.

What is this you speak of?

10 Likes

Baby Yoda looks like an alien Gremlin who ate after midnight.

Today is the first time hearing “Baby Yoda” or noticing. At any rate, back to ignoring the whole trope. :sleeping:

4 Likes

25 Likes

Thanks for trying. :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Some might argue against of a vicious pogrom of detention and dismantling.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure they firmly established that Mando isn’t exactly a big fan of droids’ rights though.

8 Likes
9 Likes

I’m pretty sure next to nobody in Star Wars seems to be. Even house droids like C-3PO and R2-D2 aren’t given full autonomy. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I guess you could argue that the real monsters were the people who programmed droids to desire autonomy. I mean, I’m glad to have a smartphone that can interpret voice commands but I would be really disturbed if the next update made Siri pine for equal rights.

8 Likes

@knoxblox
Vicious’ not ‘viscous’.

4 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…

https://twitter.com/EscoBlades/status/1201267153938386944

14 Likes

I’m just now ingesting my first caffeine of the day. Gimme some slack.

Maybe the word visceral was floating around in my head…

5 Likes