Baby Yoda amigurimi, a crocheted cutie by Allison Hoffman

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/29/baby-yoda-amigurimi-a-crochet.html

7 Likes

Crochet is so much more than baby blankets. With a simple hook and some string you can create the most amazing three-dimensional objects.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Please keep calling this ‘Yoda’ because it isn’t but whatevers.

6 Likes

9b246c10d2d4ce1d531f41b56462cc07d3e8647d_2_443x500

21 Likes

This gorgeous image is from here…

8 Likes

Wow, they really nailed the hyper-obsessive fanboy stereotype…

4 Likes

My favorite part is how when “security” pulls the guy off-stage, Kimmel goes right back to calling it Baby Yoda!

4 Likes

Of course.

Being so pressed about even the tiniest minutia within in a fictional work pretty much guarantees that no one outside of other overzealous fanatics will take you seriously…

4 Likes

I love arguing about fictional work as much as the next geek… I just try not to take it too seriously.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Who else remembers Margot Plodz from “Scary Go Round”…

http://scarygoround.com/sgr/ar.php?date=20070515

Nobody, eh? I’ll see myself out.

1 Like

He’s got a little removable robe. :arrow_right: Naked baby Yoda.

Why?!

1 Like

To dress him up in other cute outfits, of course! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Speaking of fanatics, I wonder if samurai cinema and manga fanatics would take notice of a bounty hunter Mandalorian and a “Yoda” child traveling together and getting into scrapes, because I’m thinking of the samurai classic Lone Wolf and Cub, with swordmaster Ogami Ittō (who accepts bounties), and his son Daigorō (in his baby cart):

5 Likes

Crochet all the things!

8 Likes
  1. The character doesn’t have any other canonical name yet
  2. In the meantime “Baby Yoda” is as apt a descriptor as any
  3. For all we know his name IS “Yoda,” it could be a totally common name for that species just like “John” is in our world or “Antilles” is in the Star Wars galaxy.
8 Likes

Looks like two other users could camp out on the floor and use the feet as pillows.

1 Like

I finally watched the first 4 eps; it’s totally ‘Baby Yoda’ until they decide to give the kid his own name.

11 Likes