Watch the music video that's making karens and qanon hysterical about Adult Swim today

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/19/watch-the-music-video-thats.html

16 Likes

freebase illuminati crisis sugar

Nice band name, although “Crisis Sugar” by itself is best =).

23 Likes

Dear lady do need some new pears to clutch?
And you just learned about Adlult Swim now? As Benny Hill would have quipped to your “I Never!” “You should get out more often”

36 Likes

14 Likes

I thought this looked familiar. Diva’s video has been around for a few years now. Genius stuff.

16 Likes

Ok this is pretty surreal. I especially laughed when he just started punching the cgi baby in the face and it kept laughing

16 Likes

They want Adult Swim shut down. #CancelCulture!

31 Likes

Maybe they should have made clear that no actual babies were harmed. To be honest, it looks pretty fake. The lead pyramid head clearly strikes the podium with the “baby” cleanly, but when they do it again it makes a completely different noise. I mean, really.

14 Likes

So this is some kind of Silent Hill music video? I don’t like or watch horror flicks (have enough nightmares on my own) but this looks like a Silent Hill music video.

3 Likes

Having a pyramid on one’s head would tend to evoke that connection.

13 Likes

Wow, Joe Pera Talks With You sure took a dark turn after that episode where he drives around in his grandfather’s Buick.

4 Likes

No one tell them about Dancing Baby!

19 Likes

Art has always been engineered to drive the “karens” of every era mad. From my youth the seminal piece was the Piss Christ. Oh, did that drive folks mad; and always the conservatives, just as designed. Hell, if one is bored with beautiful landscapes, i’d suggest assembling some sacred symbols (or babies) and do something highly sacrosanct with them: Art. and/or the symbol ain’t the thing.

(“I see witches abusing babies” … “witches”? really? nah… temporal guardians, hence pyramid heads, of rebirth and funky-tunes)

26 Likes

I know you meant “pearls” but I like “pears” =).

15 Likes

The most distressing part for me was the “buffering” sign.

16 Likes

WHAT ABOUT THE CHICKENS? WON’T ANY ONE THINK ABOUT THE CHICKENS?

3 Likes

+1 for “pears”

4 Likes

Sheesh. All this was started by a Three Percenter? I’m not on Twitter, but really hope she got more responses about actual children being harmed by Cult45 than she can count. Something like this:

White House announcements late Friday afternoons. They throw it in your face. They hope you aren’t the kind of citizen who monitors what federal government officials watch and do. They’re busy conditioning their political supporters. What do you see here? [insert pix of children in cages detained by ICE/CBP] I see an administration abusing power. This is not ok. This is not funny. :unamused:

23 Likes

Creative and well done. Definitely makes you think.

Unfortunately, twice it made me think of some of the stories my mom told from her stints in Child Protective Services and as an EMT. And yet those two scenes might barely make the top 10 of sick shit she had to deal with. Real people are far more sadistic than in this video.

(PS. I don’t want to see the video banned. Just offering my perspective.)

4 Likes

Adult Swim really should re-air Pop Team Epic just to screw with the heads of the conspiracy fools

8 Likes