Badass Dragon Scavengers of the Void - Kassandra's Complex

For reasons yet unknown, kassandra had stopped responding - With this latest restart, I took the opportunity to roll in the latest batch of changes, namely:

. better handling of mixed case names
. now processes all recent @requests instead of just the most recent
. nag threshold correctly set to T-36H
. pay or trade orders accept both ‘@playername’ and ‘playername’
. shutdown notices properly trapped
. additional improvements to the kassandra personality module

All orders that have been submitted so far have been preserved. I’ll continue to keep an eye on things in the meantime.

3 Likes

I say, isn’t that lady making a rather large number of irregular withdrawals?

Should we be concerned about the integrity of our accounts?

I’ve heard stories

6 Likes

"A rather large number of irregular withdrawals? Or perhaps an irregular number of large withdrawals? Or perhaps it was a just large withdrawal of irregular numbers? You know, the sort of thing that digital lifeforms do on the regular?

“Now if I were you, I’d be more concerned about the integrity of your exosuits than the integrity of your accounts. But what do I know? I’m just the gal that tries to keep this place running. Sheesh!”

> snarktrap.kassandra 0xaa07beefbd4b07299e19119b4773f1aeca8495ad
2 Likes

“Hard to tell with Kassie sometimes. She’ll forget to hang up the intercom when she’s talking to herself or just get a little chatty. For the record: I maintain the accounts, she just writes the checks. No juice goes anywhere without my say so.”

1 Like

“What a spoilsport.” :unamused:

1 Like
> nagbot 0x93afa5d78dee829f3add2128e8213524e846fe94

@othermichael @sealion @penguinchris

“Look - I get that this is a bit of a twist you’re in, but don’t go down without a fight.”

Doing a wee bit of live testing…

@Kassandra check
BUY Mag_Boots
MISSION 3
end

aaaaand scene.

Hm - can’t seem to find a syntactically correct set of orders in there. I’ll let the boss know.

Awright, back to the bitmines with you for a moment.

@Kassandra submit
BUY Mag_Boots
MISSION 3
end

> iotrap.messana: 0xc1e90d50e8e13b0d055631c9662f3ee71a395e7a

“Roger that, messana - these orders have been submitted! You can overwrite these orders with a new submission.”

✔ buy mag_boots
✔ mission 3

Okay - it looks like the fix for the fix for the fix is working. I’ve added some extra debugging around the order parsing to make this easier to find if it happens in the future.

1 Like

Whoah. I thought today was the 21st.

“Post-launch temporal shift, also known as ‘ship lag’. Don’t worry, it happens a lot to new crew members. The nagbot module was was installed for exactly this reason!”

2 Likes

“So get this: as a gag, I change all the airlock codes. Right? And then…um. Crap, are we live?”

CURRENT STATUS:      ACTIVE
    ORDER PROCESSING:    ONLINE
    SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 2017-01-23 08:00:00 -0500
    INCARNATION:         0x237302b691f944ea1a08920a9da616f0df18c55b

2 Likes

“No, Mom, I can’t right now I’m at work. Ugh, you know what? Fine. Hold on.”

CURRENT STATUS:      HIBERNATION
    ORDER PROCESSING:    OFFLINE
    INCARNATION:         0xed2fe7377ab50ffe0463eabe738ff027d9137c7a

3 Likes

I’ll try and run the numbers over lunch today and get round 2 up later this evening. The simulator isn’t nearly as finicky as the parser and I’ve been testing it in the background all week long to confirm accuracy.

4 Likes

Latest improvements:

• additional submissions now show the order set that they have overwritten
  • an @mention to Kassandra should be sufficient: check/submit options are no longer needed.
  • nag posts will also contain an indication of how much time remains before deadline
  • additional expansion of personality modules
  • several additional background improvements to make life easier for the GM
4 Likes

A test:

@kassandra yo!
something
end

1 Like

A second test:

@kassandra sooo
about that thing?
end