BART unveils cool anime mascots to woo youth riders

Originally published at: BART unveils cool anime mascots to woo youth riders | Boing Boing

1 Like

Never Forget.

10 Likes

Won’t ever forget. That station is literally a mile from me.

4 Likes

Around the time Grant was killed, I used to get off at that station everyday, coming home from work in SF.

BART trying to ‘attract more youth riders’ when 12th & 19th street stations look like something out of a prison is rather laughable from my POV.

7 Likes

They way you attract more riders is to make public transportation more convenient than driving.

This is what makes BART and utter failure outside of weekday commute hours.

Are there any mascots that resemble someone passed out from freebasing in the last car?

2 Likes

Other than a couple of new ones toward SFO, they’re pretty much all soul sucking brutalist crap (I haven’t ever been as far as the newer ones at Warm Springs and Milpitas).

2 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

3 Likes

Bart has a terrible image to overcome. A history of a monstrous police force, screeching loud trains, slow service, low frequency, never a train when you really need it, like 2-3am. Come on, needs more than some stickers.

3 Likes

boring bored to death GIF

2 Likes

5 Likes

Well, they’re trying. I’ll give ‘em that. But they’re going to have to up their game if they want to beat LA Metro’s Super Kind promotions :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.