Bat flies around wildly at Trump rally in Tennessee 🦇

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/01/bat-flies-around-wildly-at-tru.html

5 Likes

Not the bat I was hoping for, but I guess it’ll do.

15 Likes

A really big flying bat dropping baseball bats from a great height would also have been nice.

10 Likes

Stephen Miller forgot to assume human form after flying in to the rally?

24 Likes

Not a bat, Satan’s messenger. He told me… At lunch, today.

PS. I’m high AF, right now.

10 Likes

You, the bat, or both?

8 Likes

All three, I think. Have cotton mouth, gotta go.

6 Likes

Marsha Blackburn was not scheduled to be there. Must be a surprise visit.

1 Like

As a point of interest, if a bat gets into your home, the Department of Public Health in my state (Massachusetts) recommends that everyone in the home get rabies shots, even those who don’t come into direct contact with the animal. The rationale is that bats spread their saliva as they fly, and the saliva can contain the virus.

Rabies shots are no longer intra-peritoneal, just your standard IM, but it’s a long course of treatment and the vaccine is generally stocked only at your local ER. It’s expensive and a massive hassle. Don’t ask me how I know.

The thought of Donald Ⱦrump having to be treated for rabies is really wonderful, but I doubt it would do much good, since to judge by his behavior, he’s already infected.

10 Likes

I’m on team Powers of Darkness myself, and I tell you, we don’t want anything to do with this guy.

6 Likes

It’s all Bat Country.

7 Likes

Batman v. Two-face!

6 Likes

Might it not follow that anyone who attended a Trump rally – at least those within spittle-projection distance – should get rabies shots? Heck, that might finally get the attendance down a bit.

My mind is also plowing ahead uncontrollably with thoughts of Toxoplasma gondii, its effect of making the prey less cautious around cats, and the inevitable parallels to Trump and his own (allegedly) infectious spittle. With the populace as the mice.

2 Likes

With so much batshit in the room, there had to be a bat somewhere.

12 Likes
6 Likes

You can’t whip up batshit insanity without batshit.

9 Likes

Didn’t anybody have guns?

5 Likes

Someone on Cape Cod died from bat-transmitted rabies in 2012, thus the precautions. Also, other strains of rabies can be vaccinated against, but not the bat kind.

Poor bats, they really are delightful creatures; cute, they eat bugs, and then that unpredictable flight they have is indeed like watching a mouse fledering around.

7 Likes

That poor animal must be traumatized now. Hope it got out at all.

3 Likes

Saw what you’ve done, there

6 Likes