Bayer and Monsanto merge into a new company called "Bayer" because Nazis have a better reputation than Big Ag

Sure, if you say so.

Wheat and barley, for example, are self-pollinating, as is sorghum, while maize (corn) and rice are wind-pollinating. That takes care of the most important staple food crops on the planet. Bananas are sterile and don’t need pollination at all, nor do lettuce and friends, or root vegetables. Potatoes are self-pollinating or pollinated by bumblebees (not honeybees). Many crops are hybrids that are pollinated industrially by humans, and many if not most of the popular non-hybrid cultivars are self-pollinating.

Which is not to say that honeybees aren’t important for pollinating many types of fruit and berries and various vegetables, so we should take good care of them for that if not on general principles. However, if all honeybees disappeared tomorrow that would be really terrible but we probably wouldn’t all starve just because of that.

3 Likes

That’s so very reassuring.

1 Like

Certainly beats “OMG THE BEEZ WE WILL ALL DIE”.

1 Like

Again, if you say so.

Good day.

2 Likes

Indeed. One of the initial attractions was their “House of the Future”

1 Like

in a country where the “millenial” generation is mostly unaware of the Holocaust

and Holocaust deniers are running as republicans

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/politics/holocaust-denier-gop-illinois-third-district/index.html

I doubt the US consumer would even know that Bayer has a Nazi association.

((I have no idea what I did to my first post))

1 Like

And just how is this merger complying with anti-trust regulation???

Huge German companies that existed before 1933 had dealings with the Nazis? Mind blown. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll buy my drugs exclusively from clean, reputable corporations from now on.

So we’ve gone from Big Ag to Big As? Ok.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.