BBS Review: One year on?

More like a pleasant, but unanticipated side effect?

When I think of 1000+ post topics now I think of chat topics, games, funniest image, that sort of thing.

Threaded or unthreaded – who exactly has time to read all thousand posts in a topic? Threaded masks this because most people only read their little sub-rooms, and there may be 5+ different (but probably repeating the same points) parallel discussions going on at once in the same topic.

Sweet-ass, impossible-to-obtain badges.

Just kidding. Congrats on hitting whole numbers :smile:

Improvements? I’ve read your thoughts on the matter elsewhere and while I agree that a ‘hide user’ function would work counter to community health, I do think that you should be able to block a particular user’s PMs & notification of their replies.

PS: Add me to the come back @Cowicide club.

1 Like

What? Do you think I’m actually that st…

• Found it.
3 Likes

New search is here! Now with 50% less sucking!

2 Likes

Does that mean that I would have had at least 10 hits with the old search?

1 Like

Is this New Search or Standard Search™?

(I kid!)

Oh you kid! But seriously @crenquis that result does look bad. Google produces over 100 results for same term. @sam any thoughts?

1 Like

We produce plenty results, you just need to click more …

1 Like

Oh yeah, @crenquis you cropped out the Show More link.

OH YOU KID!

edit: you gave me an idea. Show More should really be at the bottom of each section since it’s the natural “This sucking is not enough! I need to see more sucking!” area. Done in master! Not like that, get your mind out of the gutter. :shower:

1 Like

Pro tip: If you are on timeout (aka suspended) and haven’t visited your account page, you will be prompted to login, which will silently fail, causing you to question your username and password and possibly sanity.

Pro pro tip: don’t get suspended.

Pro pro pro tip: real professionals never say “pro tip.”

2 Likes

Hmm that is weird, will have to see if we can repro that.

1 Like

Flags really help.

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: You have too many tracked new and unread topics