BBS Trip Advisor

I found them pretty comfy. They recline much more than any airplane seats I’ve had (only ever flown coach) and have a footrest that comes up.
The main thing for me was having some kind of pillow, and some kind of eye mask or face covering. I listen to podcasts to fall asleep, so the noise canceling @j9c mentioned wasn’t as much of an issue.
One nice thing was having slippers to switch to for nighttime. It’s the little luxuries, you know :wink:

11 Likes
5 Likes

“Once the ship was announced in May there were a lot of people who wanted to come, but November was too soon to sell their homes, make plans and pack up their lives,”

JFC

7 Likes

What gets me is that it must wind up controlling certain elements of your life, like the ability to get up and go somewhere when you please if you could do so. I’m trying to imagine what they might do about where they go, as mentioned in the article. Will passengers take a vote? Will it depend on logistics and picking up/dropping off cargo along the way, and therefore dictating at least part of the route?

7 Likes

The average life of a cruise ship is 30 years. Better make sure you don’t outlive it if you spent everything to buy your cabin.

5 Likes

I would guess these issues were already solved by this group:

The main difference in decision-making power is probably owners vs. passengers (renters).

9 Likes
3 Likes

The part of me that hates packing can see the value in this…but the part that hates shopping and trying on clothing wonders how much valuable vacation time would be lost:

(in case the link above with Queen Latifah trying on a lot of outfits doesn’t work)
Feeling Myself Nothing Compares To You GIF by Mickey Guyton

9 Likes

I have a suspicion that their options for vertically gifted women will be lacking.

8 Likes

Oh, I can totally see them trying to fit my brother who is over 6’ 5". /s

4 Likes
11 Likes

There is a similar problem in Mexico where private beaches are not allowed but some businesses will try to block access anyway.
(Basically there is no private property allowed at any of Mexico’s borders, part of a constitutional amendment meant to avoid some of the legal claims related to the Texas incident).

It’s funny, just got back from Greece today, pretty quiet at the small Island of Kos so didn’t get to see any of this myself.

But I thought this was pretty interesting:

4 Likes

“Iconic restaurant” flavor. :joy:

7 Likes

There were also Pizza Hut inspired Ruffles, but I did not try those.

7 Likes

My friend is planning to move to Crete next spring. If I can afford it sometime in the future, we should go.

5 Likes
7 Likes

There is somewhat a bit of an argument about whether a hallig is a “real” island. Or at least that was what I was once told in a pub on Baltrum. Which, apparently, is a “real” island because it can only be reached by boat or plane, not by tracks on a dam.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Wow. Honestly, when I lived in Florida I never thought this would ever come to fruition. :man_shrugging:

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

8 Likes

mum and i are taking the train to Jax, then driving down to st augustine in november. i looked at taking that brightline high speed to orlando, then to st augustine, but decided to go the amtrack instead. we’ll be tracking down the Henry Flagler history and the haunted attractions and pirate museums.

9 Likes