The Beach Boys' "Do It Again" with the delay removed from the drums

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/21/beach-boys-do-it-again-wit.html

4 Likes
2 Likes

Beach Boys fun fact… none of them ever surfed.

2 Likes

SNL once forced Brian Wilson to surf:

8 Likes

I can’t believe I somehow missed this song growing up. Well, by 1968 I was staring to move away from mainstream music. Will have to check out the original and compare.

1 Like

Actually, Dennis Wilson did surf, but he was the only one.

5 Likes

Dennis Wilson was a surfer.

4 Likes

Well, they didn’t call them The Surf Boys, so fair enough. I can kind of imagine “beach boys” being a surfer pejorative.

4 Likes

… and now they sound compressed.

“Colorado’s own” surf group, The Astronauts, took some of the money they got from their first album to go see what surfing was like. I don’t recall the result.

3 Likes

I’m going to file that in my mind next to the question of why there are so many dive shops in Colorado.

1 Like

Thanks. The Beach Boys are my favorite group.

1 Like

they sell dreams of course, but now i want to know if there are mountaineering shops on the Maledives.

You boat wherever there’s water. Folks back in my home town in Colorado buy nice motorized living rooms or whatever for using at a reservoir that’s maybe five miles long. They dive, too.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.