Listen to isolated vocals on "God Only Knows"

[Read the post]

5 Likes

Need something to sooth your jangled soul today?

If you should ever leave me
Though life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me

Appreciate the motive, but I’m depressed about Brexit even MORE now.

9 Likes

Those are some pretty sweet harmonies. I know that’s a tautology with the Beach Boys, but still.

2 Likes

Very smooth, except for the occasional “withou-choo”. There’s a number of these isolated tracks around; does someone have access to the master tapes, or a really good method of splitting things off?

1 Like

The Beach Boys were just a cheap knockoff of The Beach Pals. But in light of the Spirit/Zeppelin verdict, justice will never be done.

2 Likes

This makes me think of the barbershop version from Bioshock Infinite.

4 Likes

One of my favorite songs off one of my favorite albums.
Great to hear it this way.

2 Likes

3 Likes

“Carl” Wilson? He was in the band but it was pretty much all Brian’s doing.

Carl Wilson sang lead vocals

“Sung by his younger brother Carl Wilson, the Beach Boys’ recording was produced and arranged by Brian using an unorthodox selection of instruments, including French horn, accordions, sleigh bell, harpsichord, and a quartet of violas and cellos heard throughout the piece in counterpoint.[10] The musical structure has been variously cited for its harmonic complexity, inspiring tension through its disuse of authentic cadences and a definite key signature. Its closing section features perpetual rounds, a device that was not normally heard in popular music of the era.”

3 Likes

Came here to post this, you beat me to it by 2 days.
shakes fist

I loved coming across that bit early in the game, before anything violent or racist has emerged and it’s all just fruit shops and sunshine then that little skiff with the singers on it caused me stop and watch them until they floated away. Then it was time to crack some skulls.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.