Bee Gees' Barry Gibb was knighted by Prince Charles

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/28/bee-gees-barry-gibb-was-knig.html

2 Likes

Hmm…they’re calling him Sir Barry but is he or is he not Australian? And does that count since he is part of the commonwealth? This may be the biggest scandal since Meghan crossing her legs.

2 Likes

He’s Manx.

2 Likes

I cannot believe that neither bb, nor the original article thought to use the obvious headline.

Knight Fever.

10 Likes

"According to our friends at the Palace: "Foreign citizens occasionally receive honorary knighthoods; they are not dubbed, and they do not use the style ‘Sir’. … The FCO stated that Gates “has been awarded an honorary Knighthood by Her Majesty the Queen.Jan 29, 2004”

2 Likes

The Gibbs moved to Australia in their childhood, but they’re from Britain and Barry has retained his British citizenship.

3 Likes

Guess it helps to outlive the other claimants to the title.

2 Likes

Sir Barry, Staying Alive!

4 Likes

I’m all for outliving.

2 Likes

I did use it in the tags…

2 Likes

Clumsily, with a meat cleaver?

Has he been granted Cucumber Castle as his fiefdom?

2 Likes

Next you’ll be trying to convince me that boingboing is some sort of website, and not just a storage space for all the content that shows up when you hit “show full post”.

The Queen is More Than A Woman

If they loved him so much they wouldn’t have immediately sent him out to slay that dragon.

Now that’s just Jive Talkin’!

1 Like

It’s a Tragedy

You mean they docked his tail? The bastards!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.