Behind the Screens: what the computer code seen in movies and TV shows actually does

Dr Strangelove__Doctor__Pick numer three_phixr

3 Likes

8 Likes

Because OF COURSE it does!

3 Likes

That site hasn’t posted about The Beekeeper yet (2024’s Jason Statham vehicle). The green CRT monitors standing on top of PC/XT style machines in the double-dark secret agency immediately caught my eye.

2 Likes

Up until your next few words I thought of a certain face with a certain expression.

Imagine my confusion when I read that name, and realised to late I got The Beekeeper confused with Man vs. Bee.

1 Like

… supposedly they’re working on another reboot of “Battlestar Galactica” but it’s taking forever :robot: :rocket:

1 Like

“Electric Dreams” S1e8 has the computer code that controls the androids on the screen, clearly enough that I could Google it. It’s from the MessagePack serialization library.

I also saw architectural room dividers in a Burger King that had PostScript code printed in them, as part of their design.

4 Likes

GORF is the greatest. They display the code of the game in game.

3 Likes

Thanks. Was trying to figure it out.

It’s been years and years since I’ve played (ports of) Gorf. When did it show code?

Thank you for a wonderful site! I recently decided to move all my domains and other goings-on to Cloudflare so it was strangely reassuring to encounter perfectly-working web video with no shenanigans around it and figuring out where it was served from

2 Likes

“Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet!”

2 Likes

I got confused: Yar’s Revenge.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.