Beijing subway ad for an anti-smog rebreather

Thanks for the input! I just patented a combo mask/BT headset n mic/phone holder/cup holder and USB charge brick with optional Oculus Rift (for treadmills, would;t want to stumble into traffic now would we kiddies [liability disclaimer language])

I think Immortan Jane looks pretty good! Where can I get one? Asking for my wi…, err I mean friend.

3 Likes

Health goth?

2 Likes

nationality =/= ethnicity

4 Likes

Or if you are more fashion conscience:

Yes, but in China it’s basically impossible for an outsider to become a citizen. Furthermore, by official government definition, all Chinese citizens are of one of the fifty-something official Chinese ethnicities.

Now of course, it is possible to be Chinese and have a non-Chinese (both ethnically and nationally) parent. In theory, a Chinese person with enough Caucasian forebears could resemble this woman. Chinese women already strive to be this pale, and they very frequently dye their hair. I didn’t even notice that the model wasn’t Chinese at first glance.

3 Likes

Of which the minority are Caucasian.

I’ve noticed that in Tokyo as well. A lot of women scan at first (or second) glance as Caucasian. I don’t know how, but even the facial features they somehow manage to look more western than eastern. (Makeup?)

Not so much outside Tokyo, but I’ve only been a couple places in recent years. Most non-Tokyo places I visited in 2001, so it may have changed.

1 Like

Not really, the mask mentioned in the OP comes in 4 colours.

Hmmm… well, can’t say the same is true for me, as Caucasian people (women or otherwise) generally catch my eye as being somewhat out of the ordinary here in my second-tier city. Chinese women not going in for much makeup may be a factor here.

Old hat.

1 Like

Beijing should embrace their smog, giving it a pleasant color and odor, and charging for nose plugs obviously.

Welcome to the future!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.