Belorusian president Alexander Lukashenko says "there will be nuclear weapons for everyone" willing to help Russia

I would just give them the Palin family instead.
Not in exchange for anything, just as a gift to Putin.

4 Likes

Do you want to start a nuclear war?

8 Likes

Even worse for Belarus, they’ve just guaranteed even more US nukes are aimed at them.

6 Likes

I’ve always thought that Ukraine was willing to trade away its nukes in exchange for a promise to respect the borders of Ukraine was that it never had any meaningful control of the nukes that were based there.

Of course “nuclear weapons for everyone,” could just be the warheads. Delivered by rocket, fresh to your door.

7 Likes

I’m sure Ukraine would be willing to take back the nuclear weapons it agreed to hand over to Russia at the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

5 Likes

Maybe, maybe not - Belarus is only getting ‘tactical’ nukes - not anything ICBM-like that could be aimed at the US.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure they were never off the target list.

6 Likes

This is an important point to convey to people who don’t understand why it’s important to support Ukraine with everything we’ve got: it won’t stop there.

6 Likes

It’s standard in Russian Orthodox funerals for mourners to touch the hands or even kiss the deceased.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Any country with nukes that can be aimed at US allies merits a US-allied nuke aimed at it, whether courtesy of an ICBM or faster delivery from a nearby NATO country. (Not advocating for that policy, just saying that’s probably how it is.)

4 Likes

That is not necessarily a contradiction here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.