Bernie Sanders is more popular than Trump, but the press ignores him

[quote=“Michael.Lederman, post:118, topic:70876, full:true”]
I’m willing to wager money that whatever Republican takes the primary is our next POTUS
[/quote]I don’t blame you.

If a Democrat takes office in 2016, it’ll be the first time in modern American history where we do not moronically ping-pong back and forth between Democratic and Republican administrations (in favor of Republicans).

Corporatists love it this way and that’s how the status quo establishment stays in power no matter who has been in office all these decades. This way the Democrats can play a perpetual blame game against the last Republican administration instead of taking responsibility for their own corporatist right policies against the American people.

The difference in 2015 is the online/offline power of grassroots movements that’ve been slowly, but steadily gaining massive strength in recent years under the radar of the corporate media. The media hasn’t been reporting on this fact directly, however, there’s plenty of strong evidence if one looks at the halo effects. (i.e., minimum wage increases, gay marriage, marijuana legalization, war resistance, beginnings of prison reform, health care reform, etc.)

I’ve detailed this grassroots growth and dynamic here:

This 2015 dynamic will not work in Republicans’ overall favor.

Republicans thrive on low-information voters who are disconnected from reality, facts, etc. and can easily be manipulated through fear (capitalizing on terrorism, “the other”, etc.) via corporate media.

Trump’s “grassroots” movement is the last throws of a dying breed of hateful, chickenshit, cowardly and (frankly) stupid Americans. They won’t stand a chance up against us head-to-head. We will outsmart them and we will destroy their horrific movement for the sake of this nation and world.

In 2015, there’s still plenty of cowardly American dolts who are willing to throw away our nation’s freedom and future in the name of cowardly fear and loathing. However, for the first time in our nation’s history, we now have a huge group that’s spreading information to one another through word-of-mouth both online and offline to combat this ongoing idiocracy.

I’m not sure our numbers are large enough (and nimble enough) to combat the corporatist media alignment that’s working in Hillary’s favor to keep Bernie at bay. However, I do know that if we overcome that huge obstacle, we’ll most certainly landslide the Republican end of the corporatist machine that’s in so much disarray today.

If Sanders wins the nomination, we’ll definitely win the presidency. If Hillary wins? You may be right. I could see her losing to a Republican nominee because she doesn’t have the grassroots passion and strength behind her that Bernie does.

I know I’ll be holding my nose and voting for Clinton in the general election if she beats Sanders, but I really won’t be able to muster the strength to keep up the work for her on a grassroots level. Like many others, I’m just not going to sacrifice more of my own money, time and life for yet another Republican-Lite corporatist presidency.

17 Likes