Beware of this fidget spinner at Target -- it has 300 times the allowable amount of lead

You shouldn’t use lead in your fidget spinners anyway: it’s much less dense than depleted uranium so it doesn’t spin as long.

2 Likes

Everyone give Mr. Henderson a big hand for agreeing to demonstrate “Lawful Evil” for the class…

4 Likes

Given the assorted excitingly horrible things people have deliberately used as lubricants and cutting fluids, the lead that was reasonably politely encapsulated in the workpiece was probably a footnote for most of machine shop history. I hope that the really good stuff(PCBs, organophosphates, lead soaps, etc.) has become less common.

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

erm, why would you do that?

Nothing good ever comes of asking that question…

Split sinkers you can open and close with your teeth. I imagine the safe thing is to use pliers. But my dad fishes more than anyone I know and I am sure has done this hundreds of times in his life, and other than refusing to use clothes and wearing a boot for a hat, he’s perfectly normal.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.