Reminder: don't eat fidget spinners


#1

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/18/reminder-dont-eat-fidget-sp.html


#2


#3

this is why we can’t have nice things.


#4

Darwin told us this would happen.


#5

Focused more on medicines or poisons but still…:
(warning Blue nightmare fuel / ear-worm)


#6

Pretty sure my 7 year old is past the stage where she’s putting unknown objects in her mouth.


#7

If you can’t eat them, what are they for?


#8

http://www.focustimes.org/boise-idaho-man-rushed-hospital-fidget-spinner-became-stuck-anus/

[Disclaimer: this has already been debunked by Snopes. Seemed like the perfect answer, though.]


#9

From the article’s sidebar:

##Trending in Health

  • Mom paralyzed after eating gas station nacho cheese
  • Student dies after playing dangerous ‘choking game’
  • Mom dies day after giving birth to healthy son
  • Fidget spinner gets lodged in girl’s throat
  • Boy trapped in refrigerator eats own foot

The fact that the young girl was able to have a conversation with her mother the whole time suggests that while she was in great discomfort she wasn’t in immediate peril, and I’m glad everything worked out OK.


#10

Bucky Balls are still ok to eat though, right?


#11

Late Stage Capitalism.


#12

Quarter sized toy? Did the bearing fall out?

edit

Yes.


#13

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.