Beware the false flag operations of the Alvin Corn Cleaning Squad

Originally published at: Beware the false flag operations of the Alvin Corn Cleaning Squad | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Cornstarch? Huh… I don’t get what that does to help clearn, nor how it wouldn’t leave behind a messy residue… I mean, I believe it, but I don’t understand it…

3 Likes

Nothing cleans like a non-Newtonian fluid!

5 Likes

Alvin Pop-Corn Cleaning Squad

A song exists in there somewhere.

6 Likes

Hey Mark, some cornball is posting slick ad copy using your account.

6 Likes

Seriously though, given the amount of liquid could you ever get enough of a concentration of starch for it to be a non-Newtonian fluid? I guess it would have a (very) mild abrasive effect that would help clean off residue, though.

ha – i used the alvincorn mixture to clean our windows this past weekend. i read about it a year or so ago, and i swear to god it is everything it’s cracked up to be. our windows have never looked so good. seriously, try it. use lint-free towels to buff, and a squeegee, too.

3 Likes

for Joe Biden, it is Alvin “Corn Pop” Cleaning Squad.
for that stubborn clean-up

2 Likes

It is likely to the tune of Maxwell’s Silver Hammer.

2 Likes

I’d sub baking soda for cornstarch.

1 Like

And you can go stronger on the vinegar, from the regular 5%/vol, 7% pickling, 10% cleaning vinegar, to stuff at 45% where I’d want to read up on the properties of acetic acid first and have good gloves.

1 Like

I use a mix liquid handwash with cleaning vinegar about 20/80, That seems to move everything.

1 Like

Maybe to add something slightly abrasive to the mix?
Just guessing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.