Billionaire chronicles

Here is the Guardian on the arrest…

Yes Yes Yes Smile GIF by Brittany Broski

8 Likes

The actual reporting on that is the same Reuters source but they got a staff member to add just a soupçon of background on the guy.

It’s interesting that there isn’t any other news out. Maybe one of our more polyglot correspondents can add more detail?

4 Likes

Ah! Why am I not surprised…

True! I do wonder if the French media has more?

2 Likes

I can’t see anything in Le Monde. Le Parisien is citing TF1

La Justice considère que l’absence de modération, de coopération avec les forces de l’ordre et les outils proposés par Telegram (numéro jetable, cryptomonnaies…) le rend complice de trafic de stupéfiants, d’infractions pédocriminels et d’escroquerie.
The Justice Department considers that the absence of moderation [or] of cooperation with law enforcement, and the tools offered by Telegram (disposable numbers, cryptocurrencies…) renders it complicit with drug trafficking, crimes of paedophilia, and scams.

Et maintenant ?
Les enquêteurs de l’ONAF (Office national antifraude rattachée à la direction des douanes) lui ont notifié et l’ont placé en garde à vue. Il devrait être présenté à un juge d’instruction ce samedi soir avant une possible mise en examen dimanche pour une multitude d’infractions : terrorisme, stupéfiants, complicité, escroquerie, blanchiment, recel, contenus pédocriminels…
And now?
Investigators of the ONAF (National Anti-Fraud Office, attached under the direction of Customs) have notified him that he has been put under police custody. He must be presented to a magistrate this Saturday night before a possible indictment on Sunday for a multitude of infractions: Terrorism, drugs, complicity, scamming, money laundering, receiving stolen goods, child sexual abuse content …

2 Likes

Helpful! Thanks!

1 Like
5 Likes

12 Likes
6 Likes

First resident RFK Jr to scare the bears away?

5 Likes

Works every time.

:cry: :angry:

11 Likes

So many billionaires with “visionary” ideas about how people should live and yet not a single one with the courage to build an undersea city or flying dirigible palace.

Obviously those would be disastrous too, but they would be entertaining.

10 Likes

How about a Mars colony?

8 Likes

Any of the above work for me as long as the billionaires are the first ones to move in.

9 Likes

Or a lair in an active volcano?

6 Likes

tumblr_c07df0c102f840126792e763d76e5e0e_fe0de40f_640

6 Likes

A single billionaire produces a million times more emissions than the average person

8 Likes

Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

13 Likes
14 Likes

20 Likes
2 Likes