Billionaire chronicles

Concerning the undue influence on society and government by billionaires.

22 Likes

Ugh. So much for journalistic integrity at the august, revered Atlantic.

20 Likes

THE HOUSE WAS SITTING EMPTY FOR A DECADE!!!

I have no sympathy for the owner.

18 Likes
15 Likes

20 Likes

17 Likes

27 Likes

Yeah but he’s already done been fucking around by paying so little (nothing?) In taxes.

#guillotinesnow

10 Likes
9 Likes

Stark and his wife own seven multi-million dollar homes in Malibu, including a nearly-$40 million home on Paradise Cove.[15]

And he was letting that place rot.

eta: A picture of one room has white crap on the floor. That’s not vandalism, that’s water damage to the plaster ceiling. (Vandalism by the owner, if you will.)

6 Likes

Even Tony Stark only had the one, and he had an AI to look after the place when he wasn’t around.

7 Likes

I just can’t imagine having more than one home. If I had that kind of money, I’d be building homes for the homeless.

10 Likes

And that’s why you’ll never have that kind of money.

Because you’re not a sociopath.

15 Likes

Elizabeth Warren Feminism GIF by Women's History

7 Likes
11 Likes

When you get to a billion dollars that you’re going to stiff someone on, there is no difference between “normal business” and organized crime.

4 Likes

11 Likes
5 Likes

The top 10 billionaires have lost more money in January than it’s possible for a person to spend in several lifetimes as markets make a turbulent start to 2022, leaving them only with more money between those ten men than the amount owned by the bottom 40% of the entire world’s population combined, times six. And this is from a high of having doubled over the course of the pandemic, so they’re still up from where they were.

13 Likes

Now how is the money supposed to trickle down?

5 Likes