Large yacht passes by gargantuan yacht

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/01/large-yacht-passes-by-gargantu.html

The worst part is, there’s a bigger yacht out there, and Usmanov is enviously measuring his length in feet dick against that one.

That either of these yachts exist at all is a condemnation of capitalism in 2019.

The brobdingnagian one is called the Dilbar

“Dillhole” would be more appropriate.

27 Likes

So, one ugly-ass boat said to another ugly-ass boat…

10 Likes

The pastafaris are right, there are not enough pirates these days.

25 Likes
13 Likes

I have this dream to rent out a slip in a marina full of big fancy yachts (smaller than either of the ones here, but still the big, ugly status symbol kind) and dock a tiny sailing dinghy in the center of the entirely-too-large slip and spend the night.

I’d dress it up with all the fancy yacht frills: a gangplank with a welcome mat embroidered with my “yacht’s” name; a snappy uniform and captain’s hat; etc. I’d invite the yacht owners over to my “yacht” for cocktails.

14 Likes

the Dilbar looks like it could float over and magnetically pick up a british submarine, and THEN do the same to a russian submarine, then pitting those 2 superpowers against each other on the brink of war! then a rakish british superspy and a female chinese martial artist superspy, both gorgeous, must join forces to… ah fuck it

28 Likes

There a chance that the smaller vessel is the Dilbar Tender, a mere 15m runabout for the Dilbar. i.e. he might own them both.

However, I don’t think the flag at the back of the small one is Cayman Islands.

7 Likes

After watching the finale of Succession season 2 (which takes place on a yacht), I had to look it up. It’s the Solandge and you can rent it for $1 million / week. It looks like it would be somewhere between these two.

3 Likes

No doubt. The amount of philanthropy and charity that could be done w/ the money that one of these things costs is mind boggling.

11 Likes

8 Likes

I hear lilliputian occasionally, but I can’t recall seeing brobdingnagian before.

Also as someone who loves being on the water, and briefly lived on a boat, I don’t get this at all. If you spent the day in a hotel with an ocean view you’d be as close to the water as this monstrosity. No thanks

12 Likes

Then sail it up and down the harbor, planing on a broad reach, hiked out as far as you can go, screaming “Yeehaw!”. Go back to the slip soaking wet with a huge grin on your face. Show them who’s having more fun.

18 Likes

I don’t think capitalism has anything to do with what we see here.

4 Likes

Except for the guy walking around on deck, they look like models from a
Gerry Anderson show (though I suppose those would at least have had more cool design elements).

3 Likes
8 Likes

Load torpedo tubes one and two…

6 Likes
4 Likes

You don’t see how capitalism has anything to do with a Russian gentleman with a megayacht registered to a tax haven as part of his general scheme to keep him from paying taxes on his 13 billion dollar fortune?

25 Likes

Had a similar reaction but just went straight to the LOL, thus cutting out the middle-filmmaker.

1 Like