World's largest cruise ship, "Icon of the Seas," which includes the largest swimming pool at sea and an "Ultimate Family Townhouse" costing $100,000 per week, sets sail on its first voyage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/28/worlds-largest-cruise-ship-icon-of-the-seas-which-includes-the-largest-swimming-pool-at-sea-and-an-ultimate-family-townhouse-costing-100000-per-week-sets-sail-on-its-first-voyage.html

4 Likes

What do you reckon, folks?

Infectious disease epidemic or zombie outbreak?

37 Likes

Capsized by orcas with a sense of esthetics?

23 Likes

Could be!

Can we get enough options to run a book?

13 Likes

36 Likes

An utterly surreal polluting expensive fusion of the final plot device of The Magic Christian and the Hospice planet from Futurama …with all you can eat shrimp?

10 Likes

Where is “Titanic re-enactment goes wrong”?

14 Likes

For when your yacht is in the shop.

8 Likes

Too much of a cliché, I thought…
But I can include it in the next revision if a couple of other suggestions come up. Preferrably obscure popcultural references.

(I’m not entirely happy with the first version anyway, some of the entries are a bit too similar.)

5 Likes

I had expected an I’m the Captain Now situation

5 Likes

That was basically just copy-catting the 1977 Landshut hijack.

5 Likes

Seriously, who wants a cruise ship cabin when you can charter a yacht with crew for the same price?

(I do not endorse the renting or superyachts, as I’m on the record of preferring to sink them. But these are small potatoes and given the choice between only two options, I wouldn’t choose the cruise ship)

8 Likes

Iceberg, as the ship’s carbon footprint happens to be the tipping point that melts the caps. The AI based navigation has it’s findings of “massive iceberg just ahead” dismissed as a hallucination.

11 Likes

OK, how about “War breaks out when High-Rise becomes reality”.

9 Likes

No Rogue Wave Strike?

8 Likes

As a safety feature, all doors are extra wide so they can accommodate two.

3 Likes

Small typo.
Unless you intend “dressed as pirates with priapism”, an unusual twist.

10 Likes

14 Likes

Not walking the plank. Nope.

10 Likes

everything with this 400 meter monstrosity is “a step in the wrong direcction”. again.

10 Likes