Bird Scooter tried to censor my Boing Boing post with a legal threat that's so stupid, it's a whole new kind of wrong

Under lek and key.

5 Likes

On a serious note:

13 Likes

I can’t believe how Bird even exists, how they got investment. The injury rate on those things must be worse than motorcycles, especially given that 99% of their riders don’t wear helmets. Who invested in them? How are they going to deal with the situation when states start enforcing helmet laws on them? Boingboing will still be here when Bird is long gone and Bird’s investors have had a 100% loss.

3 Likes

Such baseless false legal threats need a penalty. Maybe double the threatened penalty plus legal fees should be charged against the companies, for the first offense, and increasing with further offenses?

1 Like

Nice, Bird is really warbling about the take-down notice now. Cory’s swift and resolute response has them quailing. Not so cocksure now, eh, you buffleheads?

13 Likes

Seriously, at what point does this become legal malpractice? It often feels like the whole legal profession has simply gone septic.

2 Likes

First, fuck the publisher platform of TechCrunch. OptOut of of their snooping shit makes you jump through so many hoops no-one will do it.

Second, this company is polyglot, avifaunistically.

Two hours after we published this story, Bird spokesperson Rebecca Hahn said …

As a German native speaker: LOL.

And if I may be so bold to quote from the book: “Ehe der Hahn drei mal kräht wirst du mich drei mal verleugnet haben…”

Well, in this case, they tanked …

6 Likes

It’s vulture culture.

8 Likes

LOL… never heard of birdlime before!

2 Likes

So they have a lawyer named Kwak, a spokesperson named Hahn (“chicken” in German). What’s next? A PR video starring Russel Crowe and Robin Wright, directed by David Fincher?

14 Likes

And a soundtrack produced by MC Ren?

:wink:

11 Likes

It is, appropriately, a parasite :smiley:

4 Likes

along with Dr Darter, Ibis Cube, DJ Yellathroat, and Eazy-Egret. The original Nestaz With Aviariez.

9 Likes

Nightingales With Attitudes?

11 Likes

With their hit song Flock the Police

12 Likes

That might be more a tad bit more appropriate than their underground hit, ‘She Swallowed It*.’

*Actual song by NWA.

9 Likes

The link just says, “Unfortunately, we aren’t authorized to display these lyrics”.

However the “Related” suggestion is “18 Non-Traditional Yet Perfect Wedding Songs”. :grin:

3 Likes

100 Mynas and Runnin’

7 Likes

Good thing we have the first amendment. There’s nothing inherently illegal about describing the means to do something unethical or even commit a crime.

The original article may have been at worst irresponsible, but certainly not illegal.

5 Likes

That’s a fair argument and I don’t disagree. I wish you hadn’t diluted this point with unnecessary ad homs and concern trolling.

ETA wow this reply and my previous one look weird and out of context with the messages I replied to having been deleted. :man_shrugging: