Bird understands how motion sensors work

The reason I asked is because the birds in the videos appear to be deliberately hovering or swooping in front of the sensors rather than flying up to the door, and I was wondering, if that was the case, how they distinguished the sensors from normal human clutter. As a presumably highly-intelligent mammal (as mammals go) I remember it took me a long time growing up to figure out that there was a sensor and that it was situated above the door (usually).

Learning from humans is all very well, but most humans I’ve observed — and I myself — don’t do anything special, we just walk up to these doors as though we expect our invisible servants to open them in time to stop us bumping our noses. Very seldom do we wave at the sensors, and even then I speculate you need primate body language to interpret that as a gesture at anything and not just a weird thing us hairless apes do.

1 Like

I must try this with my budgies. Maybe make them use a toggle switch to get their food.

5 Likes

Poor Michael Dorn!

worf-do-not-hug

4 Likes

5 Likes

Cat sitting is no place for a mighty warrior… or is it?

worf-blood-pain-etc

4 Likes

Mighty Warrior = Cats

Seems about right. Pretty sure Worf would be equally amused over a cat playing with its prey.

3 Likes

Indeed! Seems like Klingons would appreciate cats very much.

My own mighty warrior is currently napping on my notebook, WITH HER PAWS THROUGH THE RING IN THE BINDER!!! WTF, CAT!!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.