Bizarre and rare horseshoe vortex cloud photographed by storm chaser

Originally published at: Bizarre and rare horseshoe vortex cloud photographed by storm chaser | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I was pretty confused about what was so special about the cloud until I clicked on the link.

4 Likes

Hasn’t it need scientifically proven that these clouds are linked to time-slips?

1 Like

jab_440_compp.1155

Of course, that’s the obvious answer, but what the Navy doesn’t want you to know is that’s the contrail left by Maverick when he had to pull that weird maneuver to get into the secret base in the dead volcano.

3 Likes

Thanks.
The Frankenstein Unbound reference is a time slip into a memory in my brain that only you or a rare horseshoe vortex could trigger! I read the novel in the 80’s and as Roger Corman’s ‘revival’ film I felt kinda weird about it. Will have to have another look!

1 Like

It’s upside down, all the luck spilled out.

3 Likes

As a loyal member of the Cloud Appreciation Society, I’m thrilled to see this!

2 Likes

Not as rare as this “Why?” cloud from 2002, taken from a sailboat somewhere in the Bahamas. This is completely un-doctored (in fact, the yellow tint is from me taking the photo through my sunglasses).

why

I was taking pictures of these “Jesus” clouds (making the obligatory high-pitched “Ahhhhhhhhh” sound while doing it) when the question mark appeared and disappeared fairly quickly (the photo before and after in succession do not have this particular punctuation).

3 Likes

Which sucked a US Navy carrier back to 1941?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.