Black Lives Matter. Still

i was screaming when i heard the judge’s rationale this morning. a complete lack of clue that what he described is exactly the way systemic racism works.

if someone isn’t being anti-racist situations like that, then they’re upholding white supremacy by doing nothing

and that really does lead me to fear it won’t be a fair trial.

in my mind the only point to this particular trial should be to establish that a) yes, those are indeed the men who committed the murder ( not hard in this case ), and b) how long should they be in prison for

i hope that this judge at least allows arbery to be called “the victim” :confused:

[eta]
from the most recent hcr post

They insisted they were discriminating against Black voters not on the grounds of race, but rather on the grounds of property ownership or education, criteria that northern native-born whites embraced as immigration from southern Europe increased in northern cities. After Mississippi wrote a constitution in 1890 that virtually eliminated Black voting, state legislatures across the country cut poor people, Black people, and people of color out of voting.

that’s exactly what just happened to my mind

13 Likes