Black Lives Matter. Still

obligs:

back on topic though:

It’s the competitive vs cooperative model, same people who think capitalism is working for them, undoubtedly.

vs

Golly, I reckon he’s going to have to buckle up because a better world is possible and a lot of us are working for justice in as many places for as many living beings as possible.

16 Likes

Remembering all the historical facts that unite us: priceless.

22 Likes
12 Likes

See Also:

12 Likes

“Demons run when a good man goes to war.”

Beau is pissed.

14 Likes
13 Likes

12 Likes

More from Michael Harriot:

19 Likes
15 Likes

18 Likes

Whattya know? Public pressure can work! Better late than never, right?

12 Likes

I watched the race she ran… i loved that right after, she just went up into the stands and hugged her grandmother for like 3 minutes straight! :sob:

13 Likes

This is fascinating… I knew a little bit about Black Swan, cause I’ve read Suisman’s book…

9 Likes

If you haven’t seen, yesterday Richardson was banned from running the 100 m in the Olympics because of testing positive for marijuana. that fucking sucks

12 Likes

Because marijuana is a well-known performance enhancer. :roll_eyes:

ETA: I’m so angry about this.

12 Likes

Whuuuut?!

Damn, that really is fucking ridiculous, considering both that it’s legal in so many places in her home country, and especially because (far as I know) it’s not a performance enhancing drug.

14 Likes

Never to forgive.
Never to forget.
Accountability NOW.
Reparations NOW.

Yet another awful historical tragedy very few of my friends in my former hometown of St. Louis know about. I asked. And I should add, I am old. Ish.

Doubtless many other and less well-documented acts of violence against Black lives are yet to get an airing out… my hope is that bOING will somehow endure as a permanent accessible record.

16 Likes

Everyone on the US and Int’l Olympics Committees should be tested for any drug use… just for shits and giggles, of course.

9 Likes

Which is legal in Oregon, where she was tested. There is some huge pushback from pro athletes about this. So much so, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a groundswell of other Olympic qualifiers going on strike to reverse it.

11 Likes

Vanport Oregon. It was a shipbuilding community. I’m thinking now about “The last Black Man In San Francisco” and Hunters point. Granted, it didn’t get turned into a lake, but the community was decimated none the less.

6 Likes