Black Lives Matter. Still

Yeah, the attorney was throwing every excuse out there.

“He was in the Army” - well I’ve known a lot of dangerous morons who were in the Army who later became cops. I’ve long advocated for a five-year wait period between leaving the military and joining law enforcement.

13 Likes

Hope he enjoys breaking rocks instead

270 months sentence. Wow.

14 Likes

15 Likes

That’s actually a really insightful analogy. The fact that second law of thermodynamics is the direct statistical consequence of the classical laws of motion doesn’t meant it isn’t itself a law of nature, and the people who act as though it does fail to grasp that not all natural laws are fundamental mechanisms; most are emergent. But they’re no more up for debate than the probability distribution of n number of coin flips and thinking they are is every bit as much crackpottery.

Systemic racism is real. It’s a mathematically measured phenomenon. Causes and solutions might not be as well understood as those of thermodynamics, but they’re no less objective reality. People who deny systemic racism are right up there with flat-earthers and young-earth creationists.

11 Likes

They are even worse, in my personal opinion.

12 Likes

Sorry, I meant in crackpottery, not in character. In character I agree they’re far worse.

8 Likes

I often wonder how much solipsism is involved when it comes to such assholes; such selfish behavior makes far more sense if they don’t actually believe that anyone outside of themselves is real…

8 Likes

I mean, I think in all honesty they know. They just don’t like to call it “racism” because that word sounds bad, so better to try to turn it against efforts to counter problems, like affirmative action. It reminds me of how the PRC will tell you they’re the real democracy and everyone else is doing it wrong, or Al Qaeda and America can argue over who are the real terrorists.

10 Likes

Dammit, I thought this rat-fucker must be dead by now.

15 Likes

Obligatory:

13 Likes

I mean… he looks dead…

gary oldman film GIF

13 Likes

Re: racist at 2-3 months of age

cecily strong wtf GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 Likes

Soo… you’re not denying the oppressor part anymore then.

20 Likes

I have to wonder if the “logic” is something like they (allegedly) use with climate change. I had a right wing relative explain to me that they don’t actually question climate change, it’s just that if they acknowledge it, then they will have to do something about it and the solutions are all “left wing talking points.” If they are seeing systemic racism through this same lens, it could make a sort of sense. It’s a twisted and evil sort of sense, but nonetheless…

17 Likes

This is the root of it all, imho. They cannot imagine an actual, just and equal world, only one where someone not white “holds the whip handle” (omg, that imagery tells a lot about his frame of reference!) and becomes the oppressor. It is inconceivable to him that there could be a world without oppression, so he wants to make sure it’s him.

15 Likes

Makes a certain sense. Someone smarter than I explained to me that flat-earthers might be less invested in the notion that the earth is flat that to kicking it to the establishment TM.

Seems like an intellectually impoverished way to live, always reacting to and thus defined by those with whom one disagrees.

13 Likes

Yup. That’s what jumped out at me as well. The ghoul is saying the quiet part out loud to perpetuate deeply un-Christian fear-based beliefs.

15 Likes

Funny how a real Christian would react to hundreds of years of oppression by turning the other cheek YET AGAIN – you know, like how African-Americans keep trying to use conventional legal and political processes to achieve the equal rights due them instead of wielding ‘the whip handle’ – but that’s not where Robertson’s feverish imaginations take him.

15 Likes

Yeah, that quote really stands out. If you are worried about someone else grabbing the handle, the smart thing to do is get rid of the whip. That is basically what black activists and pretty much all progressive causes have been about for centuries. And it seems like it’s not an even idea he rejects, just meaningless to him.

17 Likes
3 Likes