Black Lives Matter. Still

Things that sadly have to be repeated…

Shameful.

“We asked him to modify his speech, and he chose not to do that,” Cindy Suchan, president of the Hudson American Legion Auxiliary, told the Beacon Journal.

Kemter began his speech by discussing how Memorial Day was born after hundreds of thousands of soldiers who died in the American Civil War were in need of a proper burial place. Then, shortly after beginning a discussion of the role that Black Charleston residents played in the holiday, his microphone stopped working.

When his calls for help from a sound engineer didn’t work, he said, “I decided, ‘I don’t need a microphone.’ I just proceeded in my Army command voice.”

Kemter did not think much of it when the audio came back minutes later, just after he had finished discussing the holiday’s Black history.

But after the event, the audio engineer approached to tell him that it was not a malfunction: The event organizers had intentionally muted him, he said.

On Wednesday, Suchan confirmed to the Beacon Journal that either she or Jim Garrison, the adjutant of American Legion Lee-Bishop Post 464, had turned down the audio because the “theme of the day was honoring Hudson veterans.” She declined to confirm who specifically had turned down the volume.

Garrison also refused to say whether he turned down the microphone, telling the Beacon Journal that he had “nothing to add.” He declined to comment when reached by The Post.

Cowards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ohio/comments/ns11vm/this_is_apparently_the_son_of_cindy_suchan/

20 Likes

But Freeze Peach right?

12 Likes

13 Likes
15 Likes

How much more manufactured outrage will we have to hear about until mid-2023*? :weary:

*After 2020, there’s a group that will probably spend at least six months on conspiracy theories and complaints about the results after every future election.

18 Likes

Technically assault and battery (he made contact at least twice). I mean, not that anything in the way of actual consequences will ever happen for the racist, but that’s a violent felony right there.

18 Likes

I’m sure we haven’t reach the nadir, but here’s a racist who seems to think an awful lot about incest and patricide. :nauseated_face:

19 Likes
12 Likes

Not my locale, but I feel confidant that Loudoun County does not actually teach CRT. They might teach History, which is, of course, very dangerous to white egos if taught properly, but CRT? Nope, no way. As I have said, though, CRT is currently basically anything which teaches history as it is and not a white-washed, cleaned up version. Our history is not pretty, and there are lots who just can’t deal with that.

14 Likes

PBS Newshour did a segment on that county…

They do not, according to the segment, but since actual CRT isn’t really introduced until grad school as an analytical framework, that should shock no one.

Bobby Moynihan No GIF by Saturday Night Live

What a piece of shit.

15 Likes

I can’t be the only one who thinks that doctored photo of Milley is awesomesauce. That’s how you do Pride Month!

11 Likes

Why not just use real ribbons?
Army Service Ribbon

WW2 victory medal

French liberation medal (WW2)
Medaille_de_la_France_Liberee.svg

17 Likes

"We’re about teaching history in an objective way, that is not represented as, “America is systemically racist…”

Emphasis mine.

i can't believe you sorry not sorry GIF

17 Likes
10 Likes

That America is systemically racist seems like it should be an objective and very obvious fact…but then I still wouldn’t consider it quite as well established as the laws of thermodynamics, and those are considered a matter of political opinion, so. :unamused:

15 Likes

doctor who GIF

Tell that to the fascists…

14 Likes

Chauvin’s attorney making the claim that “I’ve received thousands of letters and emails from both sides” as though that should sway the Judge.

Yes I know that is his job, but jeez.

ETA: “He was never in trouble before!” (So the system protected him for 19 years)

“He wasn’t even supposed to be working that day!” (So if he hadn’t shown up George Floyd would have been safe from a murderer that day?)

13 Likes

They tried to use the line from the movie Clerks as a defense? Seriously???

17 Likes

I also loved the comment about Chauvin being willing to dig a ditch if he was ordered to. Yeesh, remind me never to hire that lawyer!

Also, one of the reasons Chauvin didn’t speak on his own behalf is that he’s also facing federal charges regarding another incident in 2017 where he abused his authority.

12 Likes