Black Lives Matter. Still

Well, the Ohio school board is about to get worse.

13 Likes

According to plan:

11 Likes

More news about the Washington State Sheriff case mentioned above:

18 Likes
13 Likes

Halloween PSA…

16 Likes

If you can’t pull off the character without it, you can’t pull off the character.

13 Likes
15 Likes

Unfortunately, there’s still a significant percentage of the population that votes and advocates for change against their own economic and social interest. The fear-mongering and hatred embraced by the previous administration and GOP/GQP supporters is just another example of it. They’ll push for bad economic policy and eliminating the social safety net - it’ll make shutting down public swimming pools and the White Flight of the past look like a warm up.

14 Likes

It’s almost like racism is bad for society… /s

14 Likes
14 Likes

Not like I’m ever eating at McD’s as a long-time vegetarian, but I will diligently avoid any in Chicagoland while driving through just in case this racist shitegob owns any at interstate exits. Any known issues with BK owners in the area? The rest of my family might like options.

[I’ll be fine subsisting on chips/crackers until we reach Wisconsin. Fresh cheese is immediately available, if I wait 20 minutes more, fresh Kringle. And I *can* wait for Kringle.]

13 Likes

If you find yourself passing through Chicago, get off the 90/94 at Roosevelt and go to Manny’s Deli. Then you’ll be too full to care about Wisconsin cheese.

13 Likes

Ah…great for the guys, but not so much for me. The allure of bread and thin-sliced deli cheese sandwiches vanished by the time I was 14.

Nope, kringle, dammit. I’m not driving past Racine without going downtown Racine and I’m not wasting time downtown Chicago because I’m going to go downtown Racine.

12 Likes

tenor (1)

12 Likes

There’s a great restaurant right off the expressway on the south side:

12 Likes

There are also lots of trendy veggie places just off the highway on the north side, but worse traffic, parking, and cost!

11 Likes

Food for thought:

15 Likes

15 years is not long enough. Cross posted in misogyny.

17 Likes

ETA more in ACAB news…

15 Likes

Out of 16 jurors selected (12 plus 4 alternates), only one is black.

18 Likes