Black Lives Matter. Still

While the intention is good, I can’t help being worried for these stylists’ test subjects victims clients…
:grimacing:

how dare you comedy GIF by Bounce

15 Likes

On the flip side, the best cut/style (on a white folk’s head) I ever got was from a woman POC. Sadly, she had a baby soon after and started working from home, which was too far away for this college student to travel.

8 Likes

Sad GIF by HULU

I mean… it was planned… to challenge segregation laws…

15 Likes

More shady GOP maneuvers in Gwinnett County, GA:

14 Likes

Today’s lesson, from the Gospel of Beau, will be on “Why, you are so nice, I don’t even see you as Black!”

12 Likes
18 Likes

Of course a bellend would defend The Bell Curve…

18 Likes
14 Likes

Pauli Murray was an amazingly early and influential activist for both black and women’s rights, yet few people have ever even heard of her.

This well-done doc on Netflix goes a long way towards correcting that. Two thumbs up!

19 Likes
14 Likes
15 Likes
7 Likes
18 Likes

Great news!

6 Likes

Communities with higher costs because of racist cops:

16 Likes

There’s a terrible twist in this tale… :weary:

18 Likes
12 Likes

As a condition of granting clemency, Stitt ordered that Jones shall never be eligible to apply for or be considered for a commutation, pardon, or parole for the rest of his life.

im surprised that’s even legal, and wonder if there’s any precedent. to me it seems like that would violate his first amendment rights ( not like his right to a fair trial wasn’t violated already, but still… )

8 Likes

And I doubt they can limit the pardon power of a future governor.

9 Likes

Since state legislatures have been taking steps to limit powers of governors in multiple states, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen:

10 Likes