Black Lives Matter. Still

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends

11 Likes
11 Likes

No place is free from these types of Karens:

3 Likes

The preponderance of stops are in Black and Latine neighborhoods, what a surprise.

4 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes

Seth Rogen Win GIF by Desus & Mero

10 Likes

Thatā€™s what financially broke Tom Metzger and WAR, after his followers killed Mulugeta Seraw:

Civil litigation seems to be en effective strategy for breaking these organizations - since the federal and local law enforcement are often loath to go after these groupsā€¦ of course, what really got the white supremacists out of Portland was direct action by activists, punks, anti-racist Skins, standing up to those violent assholes.

10 Likes
6 Likes

[eta]

10 Likes
7 Likes

This one seems pretty cut-and-dried. LSU star uses same gesture as Iowa star. LSU star gets harassed online for it, Iowa star doesnā€™t. Guess which oneā€™s White and which oneā€™s Black.

And props to Clark for denouncing Reeseā€™s haters.

9 Likes

Thought about posting this here, but didnā€™t think people care much about sports. Both ABC and ESPN (same company) consistently cropped the shots of LSU players celebrating to put Clark in the foreground in a way they never do normally. I was pissed about the obvious racist narrative they were building before the game even ended.
Complete bullshit
and Geaux Tigers

eta: Happy Birthday, Duke.
Hereā€™s an image of jellyfish getting it on to celebrate:
:confetti_ball:

11 Likes

i heard about this on npr as well. they called out the double standard while somehow managing to never mention race.

even not knowing the players ( or, heck, the sport ) i assumed race played a role. frustrating when the reasons behind a story are so carefully edited out in order to pretend racism doesnā€™t exist. i thought maybe npr was getting past thatā€¦ i guess not consistently enough at any rate

8 Likes

TBF, Caitlin Clark is an amazing ball player. She just didnā€™t have enough to carry her team past a far better all-around team. And she showed class in how she handled it. Too bad there are so many shitty people out there who donā€™t get that clue.

Oh, and thanks, @Scientist !

10 Likes

This particular NPR article mentions raceā€¦

9 Likes
14 Likes

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

10 Likes
13 Likes
8 Likes